Assistant Aggregate Production DirectorBARD Materials, Dyersville, IA Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
BARD Materials was founded on the principles of dedication, service, quality, and integrity in business. By keeping these principles at the forefront, BARD Materials has grown to employ over 160 employees with a network of 20 ready mix plants and 30 aggregate sources serving the Tri-State area. Being family owned since 1946 and operating in small towns, BARD Material's integrity is rooted in small town values.
Safety is paramount at BARD Materials. Our goal everyday is to send our employees home safely to their friends and families. We work hard to identify and respond to safety concerns and allow our employees to grow through empowerment, training, and the use of new technology. We value our employees who perform their jobs effectively, efficiently, and with business ethics to ensure long term relationships for themselves, our company and our customers.
BARD Materials combines small town values with the capabilities to perform any job. Being a small player in a large industry, BARD Materials strives everyday to be the best - not the biggest - and to Safely Deliver Material Value with Integrity.
Join The BARD Team! We are looking for an Assistant Aggregate Production Director to be based out of Dyersville or Dubuque, Iowa
Who We Are:
BARD Materials is a72 year oldfamily-owned ReadyMix and Aggregate Supplier whose purpose is toTransforms Materials Responsibly to Build Better Lives, Communities, and Country. In Aggregate Production we live our purpose by producing high quality Aggregate products in a manner that is Safe, Efficient, and respectfulto the Environment. As a whole, we are focused on creating a culture that develops all employees as leaders, thereby maximizing the positive impact we have on Lives, Communities, and Country.
Who you are:
- You live the BARD Core Values of
- Be Humble
- Build and Maintain Relationships
- Choose to be Positive and Resilient
- Always Learn, Do, and Improve
- Own Safety
- Commit to Quality
- Focus on the Customer
- Act as One BARD
- You love Leading a team to reach new goals and heights
- You have effective in-person, phone, and written communication skills
- You don't mind speaking in front of groups and will work to improve at it
- You genuinely enjoy seeing others grow and develop under your Leadership
- You understand that your well-being influences your ability to Lead
- You believe zero incidents is attainable
- You believe you can improve safety and production at the same time.
- You enjoy trying out new Technologies
- You believe technology can improve safety and efficiency
- You have always liked big equipment
- You enjoy the journey of continual improvement
- Inefficiency keeps you up at night
- You enjoy debating better ways to 'build the mousetrap'
- You have a 4 year degree in a related field or 10 years of relevant experience
- You would enjoy the opportunity to attend more schooling if available
About the Position:
Assistant Aggregate Production Director directly manages two portable hydraulic dredge plants, two log washer plants, a Fines Recovery Unit, #2 Low Boy Operators and the Planning and Stripping for 10 Sand Pit Locations. This position reports to the Aggregate Production Director and has 8 direct reports. This person oversees a total of about 10 employees and will will work closely with the Aggregate Production Director, Land and Mining Development Manager, Safety Director, Environmental Director, and Area Managers. This position will have P&L responsibilities for the Sand and Gravel Department.
- Plan for personnel and equipment needs of each operation.
- Effectively present information to management, public groups and or boards of directors
- Develop weekly,monthly, and annual schedules for meeting production goals.
- Review daily, weekly, monthly production against established goals.
- Monitor equipment performance and down time records.
- Provide guidance to managers and supervisors regarding personnel and safety practices.
- Work with Safety Director to schedule training and investigate any accidents and injuries.
- Check on each crew’s adherence to environmental & safety laws. Maintain awareness of new or changing environmental and safety laws. Assist Environmental Director in investigation of environmental & safety problems.
Required Computer Skills:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint
- Viewpoint - ERP
- Wrike -Project Management
- Digital Fleet - GPS Dispatch
- Learn new Systems
We offer a competitive benefits package including Health Insurance, Wellness Program, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, Flex Spending Plan, 401K, Profit Sharing, Vacation, Holidays, Sick Pay and an Employee Assistance Program
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|