Accounting ClerkWestmark Enterprises, Inc., Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Headquartered in Dubuque, Iowa, Westmark Enterprises specializes in real estate development in Iowa, Florida and North Carolina. In addition, Westmark also provides support for related companies, including Kendall Hunt Publishing Company, Great River Learning and Fourge Social.
With approximately 50 employees in Dubuque, Westmark provides career opportunities in accounting and finance, information technology, human resources, and telecommunications.
For more information, visit Westmark at
We are looking for a highly organized, detail-oriented professional to join our team as an Accounting Clerk. The primary responsibilities are to perform general accounting duties by supporting various accounting functional areas with an emphasis in Accounts Receivable.
Who We Are
Westmark Enterprises is a support organization headquartered in Dubuque, Iowa that provides support functions such as finance and accounting for numerous affiliated companies, including Kendall Hunt Publishing, Westmark Development, Great River Learning, RCL Benziger and Fourge Social. To learn more about us, visit our website at www.westmarkenterprises.com.
Responsibilities of the Accounting Clerk
- Daily credit card processing including invoicing, settlements and cash receipt posting; investigate and respond to chargebacks; review activity to identify and reduce fraudulent activity
- Handle incoming mail/check payments, compile daily deposit totals and apply payments to customer accounts
- Monitor customer account activity and payment applications, collection duties, credit holds, credit limits, etc for several key in-house accounts
- Complete various General Ledger account reconciliations and post adjusting journal entries as needed
- Monitor daily banking activity via online banking; provide information to staff regarding daily banking activity so appropriate entries can be made to the General Ledger
- Insure all monthly intercompany invoicing is completed timely and accurately
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualified candidates should have an Associate's Degree in Accounting. Proficiency with 10 key and Excel is required. Strong verbal and written communication skills; organizational, analytical and decision-making skills are essential.
If what we described matches your background and skills, we'd love to talk to you. We offer a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA, life, STD, LTD, 401k and profit sharing, and PTO. Send your resume, cover letter along with what your salary requirements.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||--|