Electrical Power Distribution InstructorSouthwest Wisconsin Technical College, FENNIMORE, WI
This listing has expired
Southwest Wisconsin Technical College, Fennimore, WI is committed to excellence in education. The College assists individuals to develop employment skills, a lifelong commitment to learning, and a respect for diversity. Programs and services meet the changing needs of business, industry, and society.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Teach electrical power distribution and related courses in a post-secondary associate degree, technical diploma, apprenticeship, and continuing education courses, seminars & workshops (with a special emphasis on lab safety for classes occurring Spring Semester 2018-19).
• Design, facilitate, and revise activities that promote optimum student learning
• Promote continuous quality improvement of curriculum and program operations to increase program effectiveness
• Create and maintain a classroom environment that values diversity and multiculturalism perspectives
• Work cooperatively with current Southwest Tech staff, program advisory committees & a variety of business customers to customize training.
• Continuously evaluate student progress providing informative and summative feedback through formal and informal means
• Assist with student recruitment, marketing the courses, seminars, workshops, etc.
• Provide applications based learning activities that accommodate a variety of learning styles
• Pursue and maintain appropriate certifications, qualifications, and licensure to maintain a high level of technical competency
• Participate in staff development activities and serve on college improvement teams and college wide committees as appropriate
• Other duties as assigned.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
• Associate Degree in Electrical Power Distribution PLUS minimum 5.5 years of journey-level work experience as a Line Erector, Line Technician, Line Repairer, Line worker, or Line Mechanic experience required
• Valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) for operation of a line truck and trailer required
• Knowledge of industry safety standards
• Teaching/presentation experience preferred
• Ability to work effectively in a team-based, quality environment
• Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing
• Knowledge and application of GPS technology as it relates to the utilities industry
• Computer knowledge of Microsoft Office, email, and internet
• Assigned subject area;
• Technological resources;
• Applicable laws, rules, and regulations;
• Teaching methods and principles;
• Budget principles;
• Curriculum requirements;
• Current trends in assigned field(s).
• Curriculum instruction;
• Developing curriculum;
• Managing classrooms;
• Demonstrating mastery in subject area;
• Assessing student progress;
• Utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as applied
to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general
public, and others sufficient to exchange or convey
• Ability to climb poles and ladders and demonstrate procedures to students
• Lifting up to 50 pounds
• Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
Internal and External applicants complete and submit the online employment application at
https://www.swtc.edu/about/job-opportunities. For questions regarding the application process please contact
Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608.822.2314.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: October 15, 2018
STARTING DATE: January 7, 2018
SALARY RANGES: Bachelors $48,304 - $76,805
Advanced $50,810 - $80,787
Masters $53,314 – $84,768
BENEFITS/SERVICES: Our comprehensive benefit package includes the following and much more:
• Health Insurance • Dental Insurance
• Life Insurance • Long-Term Disability
• Health Savings Account • Health Club Access
• Wisconsin Retirement System Contribution
• On-campus day care (hourly rate charged)
SELECTION PROCESS: The Review Committee will screen applicants and contact them for an interview. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure the candidate an interview. Final candidate’s employment offer will be subject to completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening.
Southwest Tech does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Officer has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies. Call 800-362-3322, Ext. 2315 (TDD: 608-822-2072) or write Southwest Tech, 1800 Bronson Blvd., Fennimore, WI 53809.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||5-10 Years|