Patient Access Associate-RegistrationUnityPoint Health Finley Hospital,
This listing has expired
A CAREER AT UNITYPOINT HEALTH - FINLEY HOSPITAL
UnityPoint Health team members come for a job, but stay for a career. As a team member, regardless of your position, you'll get the chance to change lives on a daily basis in order to deliver our vision of the Best Outcome for Every Patient, Every Time. That privilege drives employees' passion for making a difference in the lives of our patients, helping them create healthier, more rewarding lives.
At UnityPoint Health - Finley Hospital, we know our collective actions determine the experience we create. Our team members strive to work as one through four key values:
* Foster Unity
* Own the Moment
* Champion Excellence
* Seize Opportunity
If you are interested in joining our team, please visit http://www.unitypoint.org/dubuque/employment-opportunities to learn about our many opportunities and to fill out an online application.
ABOUT OUR HOSPITAL
UnityPoint Health Finley Hospital is a 126-bed community hospital. We employ more than 800 full-and-part-time employees. Finley Hospital is a not-for-profit, locally owned, regional healthcare facility part of the UnityPoint Health system. Finley Hospital is committed to bringing the best medical care to the tri-state area. We offer comprehensive, full service health care that is coordinated around our patients. We have consistently been recognized as a leader in health care.
Work hours will be Monday through Friday, for 80 hours per pay period, and as needed. Work hours will typically be 3:30 pm - 11:00 pm, plus a 12 hour day shift on Friday from 5:30 am - 5:30 pm. You will be required to flex to other shifts as needed.
The Patient Access department provides quality services in registration, scheduling, and other support processes to patients, providers, and payers throughout the Patient's healthcare experience. Staff is responsible for timely, accurate and courteous registration of each patient prior to the delivery of care. the Patient Access department provides services to supply the foundation for medical records, billing and collections.
- Obtains demographic and financial information during the registration process to ensure the correct patient has been registered.
- Ensures pre-certification requirements have been met and signatures obtained on all paperwork.
- Correctly identifies and maintains competency using insurance matrix for all contracted insurance plans to ensure maximum financial reimbursement for the hospital. Verifies insurance eligibility accessing online resources. Reads return responses to ensure that there's active coverage on the account for the date of service.
- Collects the self-pay portion of a patient's out-of-pocket expenses at the time of registration, provides receipt of payment to the patient or other responsible party.
- Multi-tasks and stays on track in a very busy work environment with multiple distractions.
- Responsible for know and following HIPAA regulations and adheres to hospital confidentiality policies and procedures.
High School diploma/GED required. ust have excellent customer service skills. Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English and communicate in a professional, friendly, and helpful manner.
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||--|