Quality Assurance TechnicianFlexsteel Industries Inc, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 116 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Harrison, Arkansas; Louisville, Kentucky; Riverside, California; and Starkville, Mississippi. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts regular walk-around audits twice per day of the following Departments, documenting findings and observations:
- Department 9/70 – Weld;
- Department 9/10 – Press Department/Bench Presses/Laser Cutting;
- Department 9/30 – Spring;
- Department 9/20 – Rivet & Northwestern Assembly Area (f/k/a “Water Jet Room”); and
- Department 9/80 – Paint Department.
- Participates and documents Layered Process Audits to validate adherence to standard work and documented processes and recommends corrective and preventative actions based upon same.
- Responsible for first article part inspections and approvals to assure conformance with documented prints, specifications and materials prior to full run production.
- Conducts root cause analysis in conjunction with Engineering and Production as needed and where appropriate suggests/implements changes to production processes in order to repeatedly produce quality products that conform to customer requirements.
- Coordinates with other members of the Quality, Production, and Engineering Teams to evaluate discrepant materials and make determinations regarding whether or not marginal or out-of-tolerance parts may be used in deviation from normal processes and specifications where fit, form, and function are not affected. (I.E.: hand forms, material variances, burrs, minor assembly deviations, etc.).
- Maintains up-to-date samples of piece parts by inspection office and updates location sheet.
- Audits parts at paint line performing multiple, daily paint thickness checks to ensure that powder-coat coverage conforms to specification, ensures consistent paint coverage, and reduces waste. Regularly checks paint ID tags and warning stickers, finish, and appearance.
- Maintains a Non-Conformance Quarantine Area and reviews materials and parts contained within the Area to facilitate root cause analysis, rework, or other appropriate activity while documenting activities that take place within the area.
- Works with salvage and repair people and suggests repair techniques. Checks reworked parts.
- Checks weld fixtures to ensure parts are being welded as intended (clamps, welding position, etc.). Reviews weld station set-up on an audit sampling basis to ensure proper set-up.
- Establishes familiarity and knowledge with press, forcemaster, and pines set-up techniques and, as appropriate, instructs operators to make the necessary adjustments for quality parts.
- Performs dimensional and weld inspections of parts from new weld jigs and new dies in conjunction with Engineering Team Members for first production run approvals.
- Recommends tooling revisions on dies and weld fixtures to protect against production variances and operator mistakes.
- Calibrates and/or ensures the appropriate calibration of applicable inspection equipment to assure quality parts.
- Assist as needed with soft goods inspection and support of other departments within Flexsteel Dubuque Operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned and commensurate with position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- High School diploma. Some college experience preferred.
- Experience with steel product preferred
- General computer skills
- Ability to periodically do heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds)
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits package, paid holidays, a friendly, supportive work environment, Flexsteel furniture discounts, and professional growth opportunities. EOE M/F/H/V
Please apply online at http://www.flexsteel.com/about-us/careers
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|