Bodine Electric Company is the industry choice for small gearmotors, motors and controls. Established in 1905, and still family owned, Bodine Electric continues to set the standards for quality manufacturing and engineering excellence in the power transmission and motion control industry.
Bodine Electric's commitment to quality begins with our highly trained engineering professionals at two main company facilities. Our corporate headquarters in Northfield, Illinois, is home to our design engineering teams, research and development labs, and our sales support, customer service and marketing teams.
Peosta, Iowa is the home of our component manufacturing and final assembly operations. Bodine Electric utilizes the industry's latest winding, machining, and assembly equipment. Final assembly operations are supported by several manufacturing engineers, as well as a Lean Manufacturing team --all with 10+ years experience in fractional horsepower (less than 1HP) gearmotor and motor manufacturing.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Negotiates with vendors to obtain quotations, prices and delivery times for diverse raw materials and highly engineered fabricated components to achieve goals of inventory, customer service, safety, quality, and budget.
- Works with all functional areas to resolve production issues, must apply complex problem-solving skills.
- Liaising with Suppliers, Sales, Design, and Manufacturing on all matters to assure that corporate objectives are met.
- Coordinates purchasing activities to ensure accuracy and follow through is conducted according to procedures and company policies.
- Monitors and evaluates supplier performance provides coaching and takes corrective action, providing feedback to Procurement Strategy Manager.
- Drives change in working environment, processes, and equipment usage to increase the overall efficiency of the operation.
- Participates in maintaining the company’s quality system and adheres to standard operating procedures as applicable.
- Seeks opportunities for new supply sources and evaluates the suitability of materials and services offered as well as the ability of a business enterprise to be a stable source.
- Stays abreast of new technologies, monitors material costs and trends and advises management for strategic planning.
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications
- Must possess high-level leadership skills to motivate Suppliers as well as other associates to achieve company goals.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and other process documentation.
- Must utilize a sound understanding of the international business law, legal contracts and various financial issues including cash flow and working capital.
- Knowledgeable of Lean Manufacturing techniques of value stream mapping, kanban, JIT, one-piece flow, etc.
- Intimate knowledge of the business climate in responsible markets and the ability to communicate effectively with contacts in those markets is required.
- Knowledge of extrinsic factors related to commodities purchased is needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Excellent computer skills are required.
Experience and Education
- B.S. degree in Business, Logistics or Marketing preferred
- 2 – 3 years experience in progressively more responsible roles in sourcing required.
- Membership in professional organization preferred.
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|