Residential ICF/ID SupervisorArea Residential Care, Dubuque, IA Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Who We Are
Area Residential Care is a private, non-profit, 501(c) 3 organization, created in 1968 by a group of parents and other interested parties. Its mission is to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life. From its inception, Area Residential Care’s purpose has been to provide community-based services for persons with intellectual disabilities. The organization has grown over the past 40 years to serve an average of 250-275 people with disabilities annually; providing residential, vocational, and day services in Dubuque and Dyersville communities.
Through a variety of community-based residential and vocational programs, Area Residential Care helps people with disabilities become active, participating members of the community. Giving people with disabilities choices about where and how they live, work and socialize with their non-disabled peers is the essence of Area Residential Care’s purpose.
It is the vision of Area Residential Care that every individual has the opportunity to live, work, and participate in a supportive and accessible community.
It is the mission of Area Residential Care to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life.
Area Residential Care is committed to the following values that support our vision and mission statement.
- Every person has rights and the responsibilities associated with them.
- Every person is to be treated with dignity and respect.
- Every person has unique needs and preferences that influence the choices he or she makes about his or her life and services.
- Every person is to be provided the opportunity to live, work and participate in recreational activities in the community as the natural environment.
- Every person is to be provided with encouragement, opportunity and supports to live life to the fullest.
- Every person is to be given the opportunity to provide direct feedback on his or her satisfaction with services, and given a prompt response to concerns.
The Supervisor is responsible for managing all components of the service delivery at a specifically assigned agency ICF/ID home. The successful Supervisor will ensure highly trained staff are in place that follow approved active treatment, program and activity plans; adhere to agency procedure and policy; and facilitate best practices in all levels of service delivery. The Supervisor will regularly monitor programs and provide feedback for growth.
What you do:
- Monitor and direct the staffing, documentation, training, and quality assurance in assigned ICF/ID community living home serving 8 individuals.
- Facilitate best program practices.
- Complete regular observations of each staff to support, train, provide feedback, and, if necessary, discipline staff in the carrying out of their responsibilities.
- Ensure that agency and ICF/ID policies and procedures are in place and being followed that satisfy requirements of agency, licensing, funding, legal and accrediting sources.
- Coordinate staff scheduling with other supervisors in the department and agency.
- Monitor compliance with safety requirements in the assigned home.
- Complete emergency drills and environmental safety inspections according to agency timelines.
- Ensures staff follow policy and procedures in passing medications.
What you need:
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and explain/implement behavior and training plans written for agency consumers.
- Ability to comprehend and complete/review payroll; and prepare and/or review purchase requests, expense reports, etc.
- Must be certified to pass medications upon completion of agency sponsored training; exceptions may be considered in highly unusual situations.
- Requires the ability to travel between various agency sites regularly and also some non-local travel upon occasion.
Supervisors primarily work 2nd shift hours (ex: 11am/12pm/1pm - 7:30pm/8:30pm/9:30pm. Must be able to flex for 3rd shift presence as needed. Holiday on-call is required on a rotating schedule with other Supervisors .
What We Offer:
- Full benefits package (Life, Health, Dental and Vision Insurances) for full time staff
- 401k with employer contribution
- Paid Time Off after 90 days
- Accrued disability time
- Paid training
- Advancement opportunities
- Employee Referral Program
- Full-time and part-time employment with a variety of shift options
- An opportunity to make a positive, lasting impact every day in a fun and upbeat family work environment!
This listing has expired
Child Care/Day Care/Personal Care
Human and Social Services
Volunteer and Non-profit
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|