Graduate Assistant- Tennis CoachUniversity of Dubuque, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
About the University of Dubuque
The University of Dubuque is a private, Presbyterian, coeducational, professional university with a foundation in the liberal arts. Our commitment is to nurturing the mind, body, and spirit as well as encouraging students to explore their fullest potential, is part of a rich Christian identity that dates back to the University's founding in 1852. Our welcoming interfaith community of 2000 students attracts young men and women from across the country and around the globe who seek the knowledge and the skills to make a difference in our ever-changing world. Within a values and faith base, we offer you an array of perspectives and broad exposure to our truly global society. The University comprises the undergraduate college, the graduate school, and the theological seminary.
Mission and Vision
The University of Dubuque is a private university offering undergraduate, graduate, and theological seminary degrees, and other educational opportunities with the intention of educating and forming the whole person. The University is comprised of individuals from the region, our nation, and the world.
As a community, the University practices its Christian commitments by educating students, pursuing excellence in scholarship, challenging students to live lives of worth and purpose, and preparing students for service to the church and the world.
Therefore, the University of Dubuque is committed to:
- A hospitable Christian environment which respects other faith traditions;
- Relationships which encourage intellectual, spiritual, and moral development;
- Excellence in academic inquiry and professional preparation;
- A diverse and equitable community where Christian love is practiced;
- Stewardship of all God’s human and natural resources;
- Zeal for life-long learning and service.
The University of Dubuque is a growing University that is seeking a Graduate Assistant- Tennis Coach.
- Assist the head coach with player instruction and development including planning and supervision of practices, game planning and game day coaching, and player evaluation development
- Recruit and scout prospective student-athletes as directed by head coach
- Create and assist with fundraising activities for the men’s and women’s tennis teams
- Coordinate team travel for the Men’s and Women’s Tennis teams
- Monitor eligibility status and promotion of academic progress for student athletes
- Develop and sustain relationships with other college and high school tennis coaches
- Any other duties as assigned by the head tennis coach and director of athletics
- Bachelor’s degree is required and the position is conditional based on acceptance into University of Dubuque Masters’ program
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Valid driver’s license
- Prior coaching experience at the Division I, II or III level including NAIA
- Prior experience as a collegiate tennis athlete at the Division I, II, or III level including NAIA
- Effective communication skills; both orally and written
- Bilingual/efficient in any foreign language, including Spanish, German, French and/or Russian
Position available in January 2019 but will stay open until filled.
Tuition remission will be applied for master’s degree credits while in good standing in the position of graduate assistant.
To apply with a growing University for the Graduate Assistant-Tennis Coach position, please submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and UD employment application, located on our website, to HR@dbq.edu or to the Director of Human Resources, at the University of Dubuque, 2000 University Avenue, Dubuque, IA 52001.