Luther Manor Communities is evolving to excellence right before our eyes!
Luther Manor Communities is a not for profit senior health care continuum. We have two campus locations. The first is located on a five acre site in western Dubuque. Our second campus is a brand new continuum located on twenty three acres in Asbury.
At Luther Manor Communities, we strive to be a place where you can enjoy the golden years of your life with love, care and familiarity. We offer the finest and most respectful care services for our residents in a homelike and peaceful environment.
At Luther Manor Communities we offer:
- All in one full faith based healthcare continuum that meets your needs today and well into the future.
- Enriched lives through a continuum of quality services guided by Christian love and compassion.
- Rapidly growing campuses at Hillcrest and in Asbury.
- Includes Independent Living, Assisted Living, Care at Home, Skilled Nursing, Long Term Care, Memory Care, Outpatient Therapy and Short Term Rehabilitation
- Come contribute to a premiere health care provider and make a difference in the lives of our Dubuque area seniors!
Luther Manor Communities mission is to fulfill the physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual needs of our residents. We strive to maintain the dignity of each individual in the spirit of Christian love and compassion. When it comes to choosing a facility for your loved one, we can help.
If you are looking for a rewarding career in a friendly, caring environment, then check us out at Luther Manor Communities.
We offer a variety of jobs some of which include:
Nursing (RN, LPN, CMA, CNA)
Laundry & Housekeeping
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
The Nurse Supervisor will be responsible for the management of all assisted living households for the 2-10:30 shift.
- Current, valid license to practice as a LPN in the State of Iowa required with supervisory and teaching experience preferred.
- Experience working in Long Term Care or with the Geriatric population in other health care settings.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation training required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in admissions and discharges.
- Participate and complete regular annual and quarterly assessments that are not part of a significant change.
- Report any and all changes to delegating nurse and or director of nursing in their absence designees.
- Assist with breakfast, laundry, housekeeping, and activities for the household as needed.
- Assist with transfers as needed.
- Assist in meeting the daily needs of tenants in accordance with their service agreement.
- Keep up to date on tenant condition.
- Assist with staff education and development as needed.
- Assist with staff evaluations as needed.
- Receive, transcribe and implement physician orders.
- Maintain alertness to clinical signs and symptoms that indicate progress or indicate adverse reactions to prescribed treatments.
- Report change in tenant condition to Director of Nursing, physician and tenants responsible party according to facility policy and appropriate rules and regulations. Initiates follow-up action as necessary.
- Observe, evaluate, and document tenant condition changes.
- Document tenant care provided and tenants response or lack of response to care provided.
- Identify tenant problems in emergency situations and initiate immediate measures as appropriate to the situation.
- Administer and document medications, enteral/parenteral nutrition, treatment as prescribed by the physician, administers PRN medications and treatments per facility policy.
- Count narcotics and follow emergency kit procedures.
- Assist with admission/transfer/discharge procedures, coordinating with other departments, physicians, and ancillary service providers.
- Accept responsibility for the safety of tenants under his/her supervision.
- Receive report from appropriate personnel at end of shift change.
- Make initial rounds for individual assessments of tenants.
- Confer with immediate supervisor on an ongoing basis with special problems of care, tenant transfers, management of work load, etc.
- Communicate tenant needs and problems with physicians.
- Assume responsibility of execution of physician's orders.
- Review MAR's for completeness and accuracy in the transcription of physician orders and adherence to stop orders.
Luther Manor offers many great benefits including Health and Dental insurance, matching 401(k), flex spending and PTO after 6 months.
To apply please fill out an application at www.luthermanor.com or pick up an application at 3131 Hillcrest Dubuque, IA 52001
" Make a Difference, Come Care With Us"
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Mail:||3131 Hillcrest Rd|
Dubuque, IA 52001-3908
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|