QC TechnicianPropulse® A Schieffer Co., Peosta, IA Peosta, IA
This listing has expired
"We are excited to announce the rebranding of Schieffer Co. International L.C. to PROPULSE™, A Schieffer Company. The new logo and name, ProPulse, more succinctly reflect our professional approach to high-pressure hose solutions,” comments Jeff Theis, Founding Member and President of U.S. Operations. “The tagline ‘Power Moving Forward’ identifies a direct connection to the fluid power industry and the momentum of our business model. Both represent precision, professionalism, vitality and strong progress. That’s exactly what we and our products stand for."
Established in 1923 and headquartered in Lippstadt, Germany, the Schieffer Group of companies is world renowned as the leader in innovative high-pressure hoses and fittings. The company’s commitment to the cleaning industry has made it a prominent leader with the experience needed to innovate new products and the flexibility to bring them to market. For more than 80 years, we have been placing our know-how and experience in the field of rubber and plastic processing at the service of our customers. A skilled staff of approximately 450 at Schieffer's production plants are engaged in satisfying the needs of our business partners in industry. Schieffer products and systems incorporate comprehensive know-how derived from our many decades of experience and from intensive cooperation with our partners in industry.
Its considerable investments in research and development, personnel, equipment and patents have the company poised to pinpoint the products and processes that need improvement, and then find and create the solutions that go above and beyond the current standards. Although the specific work and services performed by the different divisions of the company differ greatly, the application know-how and practical experience which we have acquired across-the-board enables us to offer our customers system solutions and assemblies made up of individual components form these special fields and thereby provide an optimum combination of advantages.
Job Title: QC Technician
Reports To: Quality Control Manager
The QC Technician assists the QC Manager in performing all core quality control functions including; receiving inspection, in-process-inspection, dimensional and functional testing, control of non-conforming material, warranty, and corrective actions. This position will take an active role in maintaining the organizations quality system and quality manual in accordance with ISO-9001. Additionally, this position will directly support the organizations continual improvement initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Assist the Quality Control Manager with maintaining the organizations Quality System and Quality Manual.
- Inspecting and testing of incoming material to ensure conformity with requirements.
- In-Process inspection of methods, work-in-process, and finished goods to ensure conformity with requirements.
- Routine dimensional and functional testing using established methods and standards.
- Processing and reporting of both internal non-conformances and external RMA's.
- Root cause analysis of materials related issues.
- Assist the Quality Control Manager with the implementation of ISO-9001.
- Assist the Quality Control Manager with Continual Improvement initiatives.
- High School diploma or GED required with sufficient knowledge gained through experience to perform the job. A 2/4 year technical degree along with past quality control experience is preferred.
- Strong computer skills in Excel and/or Access, strong problem solving skills, good math and analytical skills.
- Familiar with ISO-9001 and Lean Manufacturing principals is desirable.
- Must be able to function efficiently in a high stress/fast paced environment. Must be flexible with work schedule and available for extended hours to support manufacturing as needed.
- Good communication/organizational skills.
Resumes should be sent (no phone calls please) in confidence to: email@example.com or come in person to fill out application.
Schieffer Co. International, L.C., PO Box 13, Peosta, IA 52068
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||--|