Workers Compensation CoordinatorPSSI, Kieler, WI
This listing has expired
From Taco Tuesdays to 60th-anniversary dinners, we’re in the business of protecting moments. At Packers Sanitation Services, Inc. (PSSI), people are at the heart of everything we do: our people and the those around the world whose food we work steadfastly to protect.
We lead the way for food protection with over 17,000 employees and over 500 food processing facilities that we service throughout North America. We serve as primary partners with plants both small and large. With more than 45 years in the business, our company is backed by a unique value-driven culture and entrepreneurial spirit that sets us on a path of continued growth in our industry.
To be qualified to perform a Workers’ Compensation Coordinator role, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Job Responsibilities Include but not Limited to:
- Set Up new claims as well as manage multiple claim files daily and in a timely manner
- Accurately and completely document claim information including conversations, and maintain a comprehensive electronic file of communications related to the claim.
- Schedule daily tasks to follow up on claim-specific activities. Ensure tasks are kept current.
- Report claim information and injury reports accurately and promptly to the appropriate insurance carrier.
- Communicate with the claims adjuster, sharing information to ensure appropriate handling of each claim.
- Contact the treating physician following the injured employee’s appointment to obtain diagnosis, work restrictions and treatment plan.
- Contact with injured employee’s within 24 hours of the incident unless other specifications are noted, build a relationship and maintain contact with the injured employee and respond to any questions or concerns regarding their recovery or any other questions they may have.
- Act as liaison between all parties to ensure timely return to work.
- Provide training to plant & field management when necessary.
- Participate in periodic claim reviews with the claim adjusters.
- Participate in onsite plant visits when necessary.
- Support & Embrace Company Polies. Programs and Procedures.
- Other Duties as assigned
Must be accountable for his/her own actions, ability to take direction and instruction from managers, prompt and timely, safety awareness, attention to detail, ability to focus on tasks at hand, adaptability, communication with peers, strong work ethic, professional and organized in day to day activities. Must be able to adjust to daily tasks which would require working in a fast paced environment, ability to multi task and be very detailed while doing it.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
This position requires safety awareness, attention to detail, adaptability and a strong work ethic. Other specific skills and abilities required are:
- Bilingual – fluent in Spanish, preferred but not required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Strong value of service to others with the ability to make decisions in accordance with department standards.
- Must be trustworthy and have the ability to handle highly confidential information with the utmost care and discretion.
- Ability to multi-task and track the status of assigned claims to a successful and timely completion.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a heavy workload to meet deadlines.
- Computer and Internet proficiency.
- Preview experience with Workers’ Compensation a plus.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent education and/or work experience preferred but not required.
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|