XLSpecialized Trailers offers customized solutions to meet our customer's hauling challenges. Founded on innovation and commitment to quality - XL hase arned its reputation as a premium heavy haul trailer manufacturer through years of providing uniquely resilient, efficient, solutions-based products.
Generally expected to work as a valued member of the XL Specialized Trailers team. This job is primarily responsible for developing and improving manufacturing processes by studying and evaluating products and manufacturing methods.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, equipment layout and leading Kaizen events.
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished-product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing process.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations. Wears proper personal protective equipment.
- Identifies and anticipates safety and health concerns and hazards by surveying environmental, operational, and occupational conditions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall operations of the XL Specialized Trailers.
Education and Experience Requirements: Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Agricultural, or Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing principles a plus.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- Planning: an ability to think ahead and plan.
- The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at an organizational level.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to company values.
- Proficiency in design programs i.e. AutoCAD, Inventor, SolidWorks
- Computer proficiency.
- Negotiation skills.
- Equal periods of sitting, standing and maneuvering through manufacturing facility
- Ability to routinely lift 20 lbs. and occasionally up to 50lbs.
Post Offer/Pre-employment Physical and Drug Screen Required.
XL Specialized Trailers is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply in Person:||1086 South 3rd Street|
P.O. Box 400
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|