Regional accounting firm specializing in healthcare, non-for-profits, governmental audits and tax. See our website at www.eidebailly.com
Eide Bailly is one of the top 20 CPA and business advisory firms in the nation. We have over 30 offices in 14 states across the Midwest and western United States, and offer our staff and Partners the opportunity to serve a variety of industries. Founded in 1917, our culture is the foundation of who we are, and we pride ourselves on supporting our employees to help them achieve their goals and pursue their interests both in the office and at home. At Eide Bailly we are passionate about the clients we serve, the work we do, and most importantly, having fun while we do it!
Our Business Outsourcing & Strategy practice includes a suite of outsourced and management advisory services for small to mid-sized businesses. We work with companies to ensure that they not only have accurate financial data, but that they understand and comprehend its content and why it's meaningful to their organization. Learn more at: www.eidebailly.com/ebPossible.
Why You'll Love Working Here
At Eide Bailly we believe respect is how to treat everyone, not just those you want to impress. Our culture focuses on collaboration to achieve career growth. Innovation is highly encouraged, which is where programs like our EB Xchange originate. This program allows interested tax and audit employees to complete a rotation into a specialty area. We promote happy employees by making work/life balance a priority along with being actively involved in our communities. Our dedication to service can be seen through the Firm's decision to match charitable donations made by employees, as well as providing opportunities to volunteer throughout the year. We support living healthier lives with perks like a Wellness Benefit to be spent on fitness-related purchases each year. Most importantly, we like to have fun! We offer a professional and fun work environment with frequent free lunches, snacks, lunch and learns, socials, contests, outings and other events.
Typical Day in the Life
A typical day as an Outsourced Controller in Dubuque, IA might include the following:
- Prepare financial reports, client budgets, accounting record and key performance indicator (KPI) reviews along with a comprehensive set of controls to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of financial results and ensure that report results comply with GAAP.
- Work closely with clients to assess their changing business and financial needs.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee the operation of a client's accounting department to ensure processes are running efficiently.
- Work directly and foster a relationship with the on-call CFO as well as the Outsourcing Accounting lead to ensure we are serving clients in the best way possible.
- Prepare reports, returns and other documents as required, including sales tax reports, payroll reports, year-end tax forms, monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements and other reports requested by clients.
- Customize financial reporting for a client to meet their specific needs and help them better manage their business.
- Analyze a client's key performance indicators (KPIs) and other management reports.
- Ensure accounts payable are paid, accounts receivable are collected and payroll is processed in a timely manner as well as maintaining the chart of accounts.
- Oversee a client engagement team through a monthly/quarterly/period-end process that includes review of month-end balancing and journal entries, analysis of GL accounts, coding and completion of data entry of bank statement, and other bookkeeping transactions as completed by the engagement team.
- Provide ongoing advice to clients relating to historical financial information as well as financial projections
Who You Are
- You live and breathe client service - you love building relationships, working with clients and providing innovative solutions to problems.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit; you enjoy growing new initiatives, you can think on your feet, offer constructive feedback and take part in sharing knowledge.
- You have strong knowledge of GAAP and have dealt with more complex accounting issues.
- You are tech savvy and have experience working in a paperless environment.
- You excel in project management and take pride in meeting deadlines.
- You love working with a team and helping others as well as learning from them. In addition to being part of a team, you feel ready to take on the challenge of leading a team of high-performing individuals.
- You are accustomed to reviewing details in data and reports, and you are comfortable with multi-tasking.
- In addition to all of this, you have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration, 5+ years of experience in private/public accounting working with clients and are open to some travel. Holding an active CPA or CMA license is a plus, but not required.
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future.
Eide Bailly LLP is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
What to Expect Next
We'll be in touch! If you look like the right fit for our position, one of our recruiters will be reaching out to schedule a phone interview with you to learn more about your career interests and goals. In the meantime, we encourage you to check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or our About Us page.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|