HousekeeperNational Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
The National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium is owned and operated by the Dubuque County Historical Society, which also operates the Mathias Ham Historic Site. The River Museum and Mathias Ham Historic Site together see over 200,000 visitors and manage outreach programs that serve over 50,000 more. Part aquarium, part museum, part science center, it is the mission of the institution to inspire stewardship by creating educational experiences where history and rivers come alive. The organization employees more than 90 full- and part-time employees.
Position Title: Housekeeper
Full-time/Part-time: Part-time (30 hours)
Reports To: Head Housekeeper & Facilities Director
The Dubuque County Historical Society (DCHS) and National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium (NMRMA) are seeking candidates for the Housekeeping Position.
- Assisting in all aspects of buildings and grounds cleaning
- Ensuring that all properties are clean, safe and well-maintained
- Position requires the ability to stand for prolonged periods of time, to stoop, kneel, bend, climb, lift and carry.
- Present the museum positively by maintaining a clean and presentable appearance
- Must be able to occasionally lift weights of up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to use and climb a step stool and occasionally work at heights
If you are interested in joining our team, please go to www.rivermuseum.com/join-our-team and complete an application or pick up one at our box office. Applications can be mailed (or dropped off in person) to National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium, Attn: Human Resources, 350 East Third St, Dubuque, IA 52001.