Human Resources ManagerA.Y. McDonald Mfg, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
A. Y. McDonald Mfg. Co. is a major manufacturer of water works valves and fittings, high-pressure gas valves, and residential and commercial water pumping systems. The company is privately owned and has a history of quality products since it’s founding in 1856.
A.Y. McDonald Mfg. Co. is located in the Industrial Park off of the Northwest Arterial. Its north central location provides easy acess to major markets. In fact, the Company sells and distributes its five major product lines nationally and internationally.
"We will make good products and sell them honestly." This statement, made by the Founder Andrew Young McDonald in 1856, has become a corporate philosophy. Today A.Y. McDonald's strength lies in its ability to serve customers. To better serve, McDonald has created an organizational structure and a physical environment that provides for growth and profitabiltiy.
Plant and office environments provide greater product output, more control, modern technology and better internal housekeeping. This enables McDonald to seek new highs in quality and bring new items into production at more competitive prices. Please visit our website www.aymcdonald.com
A.Y. McDonald Mfg. Co. has a full time opportunity for a Human Resources Manager.
- Direct all aspects of human resource functions of the company.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory actions.
- Oversee company benefit programs; including medical, dental and vision insurance, workman’s compensation insurance, Paid Time Off programs, voluntary insurance offerings, Short-Term Disability programs and retirement programs.
- Oversee compensation programs.
- Recommend and maintain an organizational structure and supporting staffing levels.
- Develop human resource planning models.
- Develop appropriate policies and programs for effective management of employees.
- Assist with the leadership development program.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce human resources policies and procedures of the organization.
- Ensure compliance and maintain a thorough knowledge in such areas as EEO, Fair Labor Standards, Wage and Hour, FMLA, Affordable Care Act, HIPAA, OSHA, and other regulatory requirements.
- Provide HR advice and counsel to the management team on human resource issues.
- Develop and manage the budget and other financial measures of the HR Department.
- Work with the Safety Department to ensure compliance with local, state and federal requirements.
- Work with the Training Department to ensure the training strategy is focused on company growth, development, enhanced learning and improving performance.
- Participate in the integration of corporate acquisitions.
- Directly supervise employees.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related major required.
- 10-15 years of experience in a HR generalist role with 5 of those years being in a management role.
- Knowledge and understanding of employment laws, human resources theory, practices and legal requirements.
- Skills in collaboration, innovation, planning, decision making and organization to help identify and develop programs, policies, guidelines and procedures that will engage and retain a highly talented workforce.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills-both verbal and written.
- Experience using the Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS systems, preferably UltiPro by Ultimate Software.
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously, while maintaining strictest level of confidentiality and close attention to detail.
Excellent compensation and benefit package offered.
Please visit our website to fill out an application and submit a resume.
Health and drug screen required
Equal Opportunity Employer
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||10+ Years|