Benefits LiaisonSedgwick CMS, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Our goal is to make Sedgwick CMS a place where great people can do great things for our clients. This commitment is evidenced by our colleague development program and supported by our multi-dimensional learning resources.
We invest in the education of our colleagues by providing training and learning resources that focus on our culture, procedures, systems and performance expectations. We evaluate the educational needs of our colleagues through performance discussions and evaluations. These needs are filled either through Sedgwick CMS University and through industry certification programs and other external educational resources . Sedgwick CMS University curriculum offerings take colleagues from orientation to technical training to supervisory and managerial development. Through Sedgwick CMS University, we provide our colleagues continuous development of professional skills and the ability to deliver quality service to our clients. Colleague Orientation
We offer a required colleague orientation program that allows us to verify and document the training provided to new colleagues. This program is called Personal Responsibility in Developing Excellence (PRIDE) and is the first component of our comprehensive career development process. This program introduces and orients new and transitioning colleagues to our company and to their new position. PRIDE will take colleagues through the first 90 days of their new position. Objectives of this program focus on providing colleagues an increased awareness of who we are, where we are going, and how they can help us get there.
Career path options are identified through an ongoing process of discussion and collaboration between colleagues and their managers. On an ongoing basis, our managers counsel colleagues regarding their career path, new opportunities, and additional training and development requirements to help them reach their individual goals.
CLAIM YOUR FUTURE AS A GREAT PERFORMER!
Providing both satisfying and challenging work along with a highly professional and friendly work atmosphere, Sedgwick has a strong commitment to its colleagues and its clients. If you are seeking a place where you can do great things for those whose lives you touch while maximizing your own career possibilities, Sedgwick is the place for you. As the largest and most innovative Third Party Administrator in the claims industry and the first and only TPA to receive both recognition as the Best TPA in America and the coveted Employer of Choice designation, we invite you to come be a part of our team and, "Claim Your Future."
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To coordinate activities of absence programs for specific client; to assist/support Benefits Program Manager; to implement customer surveys; to assist in client training and benefits fairs; and to prepare reports for program administration.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as liaison between Company and client human resources (HR) and employees in management of the absence programs.
- Communicates with client, employee, healthcare providers and Company operations team to coordinate resolution of escalated issues involving absence program.
- Assists manager in evaluating results of absence programs and best practice in absence administration; assists in assessing effectiveness of absence plan administration, communication and documentation; assists in development of management reports; assists in preparation of reports assessing financial impact of program administration.
- Maintains records and files pertinent to absence programs.
- Monitors satisfaction with leave and disability administration via periodic customer surveys and recommends needed changes.
- Works with appropriate stakeholders for client and Company to ensure continuous performance and process improvement.
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and best practices relevant to absence programs and administration.
- Works with Practice Leader to update and maintain absence program procedures relating to administration, compliance requirements, audits of leaves; employee handbook and other program-related documents.
- Assists with client training and development of communications; assists in administration of benefits fairs as needed.
- Assists client in reviewing and requesting approvals from Company operations team to conduct Independent Medical Examinations (IMEs) and Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCEs).
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports organization's quality program(s).
- Travels as needed.
Education & Licensing Bachelor degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university preferred.
Experience Six (6) years absence management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Demonstrated progressive responsibilities strongly preferred. Project management, office operations management, disability/absence management, insurance-related and/or statistical analysis experience preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of legal requirements and best practices relevant to absence programs and administration
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Negotiation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Self motivated with ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a team environment
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
WORK ENVIRONMENT When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
NOTE: Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|