Loras College was founded in 1839 by the Most Rev. Mathias Loras, first Bishop of Dubuque, who established St. Raphael Seminary to educate young men for the priesthood, but with the expressed intention also of providing an opportunity for higher education to the citizens of the area. The college has functioned under several names (St. Raphael Seminary, Mt. St. Bernard, St. Joseph College, Dubuque College and Columbia College), finally adopting its present name during its centennial in 1939.
Loras is a Catholic liberal arts college dedicated to the total development of the student. Small enough to be personal, large enough to offer a wide variety of quality academic programs, Loras College recognizes the human dignity of each individual and challenges men and women to grow with purpose and direction. Relating the rich liberal arts tradition to a changing world, Loras strives to develop active learners, reflective thinkers, ethical decision makers and responsible contributors in their diverse professional, social, and religious roles. The College has an enrollment of approximately 1,600 students and employs over 375 faculty and staff members. Although employee turnover is low, interesting and challenging employment opportunities do exist in a variety of technical and professional career fields. More employment information is available at the Loras College employment opportunities webpage: https://loras.applicantpool.com/jobs/.
The assistant director of marketing for digital media will be responsible for video and photo projects and initiatives for Loras College as it relates to the support of campus constituents. This includes, but is not limited to, the creation and production of live event coverage, feature story telling as well as promotional or advertising related content, as it supports the continued branding of the institution.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Plan and create multimedia content for use across multiple platforms with the primary goal of telling the “Loras story” in new and exciting ways
- Oversee the scheduling and execution of media requests, providing photography, videography and live streaming services
- Advise and educate members of the campus community on techniques and best practices in use of equipment and software, as it relates to quality media productions
- Support the goals and directives of the Admissions and Alumni office as they pertain to enrollment and institutional advancement
- Review analytical reports on various platforms to review content reach and effectiveness
- Efficiently archive content for repurposing in future projects
- Work collaboratively with other members of the marketing department to ensure overarching mission is being achieved
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current and future trends as they relate to multimedia production
- Demonstrated success in oversight and implementation of major multimedia projects
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines
- Strong writing and editorial skills
- Prior involvement with live video streaming and production
- Experience with photo and video editing software (Photoshop, Lightroom, Photo Mechanic, Premiere Pro, After Effects)
- Knowledge of equipment as it directly pertains to the day-to-day responsibilities
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, or related field is required. Master’s degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum two years’ experience in multimedia role, preferably in a higher education setting
Other Requirements: Requires excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills including the ability to speak effectively before groups; respond professionally and in a timely manner to questions or requests, and write reports, correspondence and marketing materials. Must have the willingness and ability to work in a highly collaborative team atmosphere. Requires the ability to work with and maintain confidential information. Requires strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task, prioritize and work with frequent interruptions. Must have the ability to professionally respond to variations in schedules and plans. Strong problem-solving and collaborative skills including the ability to develop innovative approaches and ideas and meet challenges with resourcefulness. Willingness and ability to occasionally travel and work some evenings and weekends. Ability to be “on-call” including events and weekends as needed to support communications initiatives and media/crisis response.
Loras College is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|