Initiatives Administrative AssistantCommunity Foundation Of Greater Dubuque, Dubuque, IA
Our mission is simple:
Strengthen communities and inspire giving.
Strengthen communities and inspire giving.
Initiatives Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Director of Community Initiatives
Status: Full Time
Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, 403b Plan, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time and Parking
Direct Reports: None
About Community Foundation of Greater Dubuque
The Community Foundation of Greater Dubuque (CFGD) is the community foundation of and for the residents of seven counties including Allamakee, Clayton, Clinton, Delaware, Dubuque, Jackson, and Jones, and in some cases, beyond. We promote and encourage generosity, leadership, and inclusion to strengthen our communities. Community Foundations provide opportunities for individuals, organizations and companies to fund important community activities where they live and work and for them to work together on common goals. CFGD brings community members and leaders together to address social and regional challenges and long-term solutions and also provides grants to support activities with positive impacts on residents’ lives.
The Initiatives Administrative Assistant serves as a full participant in achieving Foundation objectives related to transforming our communities’ abilities to solve problems and address the root causes of challenges faced in our region. An ideal team member will consistently support the Director of Community Initiatives and Initiatives Team to implement Foundation activities, including planning, coordinating and handling logistics and communications for projects and events that engage a diverse cross-section of community members. The successful candidate for this position will be part of a broader initiative team who will play an important role in advancing the effectiveness of the Foundation’s work both within the organization and within the broader community.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate personal and professional dedication to collaboratively improving our community for future generations. This role contributes to the Foundation’s development of integrated team practices in an organization focusing on generosity, leadership, and inclusion. Team members are encouraged to bring their whole selves to this work, valuing self-awareness and insights gained from individuals’ lived experiences. Our candidate must have an interest in joining a team learning to effectively navigate challenging conversations about common community and organizational issues such as race, power dynamics, and individual and collective opportunities for improvements.
This person will support team members in administrative and logistical tasks, grant management, internal and external communications, project and event planning and implementation.
ACTIVITIES / RESPONSIBILITES
Staff Team Member
- Key team member of the broader Initiatives Team.
- Organize and support meetings and events with internal and external groups, teams and community partners and entities.
- Oversees special projects from inception to implementation, coordinating with internal Initiatives team leaders/members, external partners, consultants and other resources as necessary.
- Provide support to program leaders, implementing project tasks associated with programs such as Inclusive Dubuque, Project H.O.P.E., Local College Access Network, and Childcare Initiatives.
- Stay informed on community issues and events, as well as current events and public policy, identifying opportunities to advance the Foundation’s work in its focus areas.
- Participate in regular staff and other internal meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provides excellent customer service, has experience working with a diverse public in a welcoming and helpful manner, and handles interactions with creativity, openness and diplomacy.
- A strong relationship-builder who can clearly communicate across constituencies both verbally and in writing.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive information in accordance with organizational standards.
- Ability to take direction from multiple staff members, be self-motivated in addressing necessary tasks, and works collaboratively to solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to see the big picture while remaining grounded in the details of the day-to-day execution of tasks and responsibilities
- Effective and efficient time management skills and techniques for work in a fast-paced environment, where it is important to prioritize and organize workloads to meet multiple duties and deadlines. Ability to balance the need for accuracy with the need for task completion
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience taking meeting notes, minutes and documenting project task lists.
- Ability to learn and adapt new computer programs and ability to effectively integrate that technology into daily work.
- Well-developed research skills and the ability to synthesize new information readily.
- Ability to work the hours required for this position. Comfortable with occasional travel and working evenings and occasional weekends.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hand to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the Employer.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. This job description is general and may evolve over time. The description is subject to periodic updating. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different and/or additional duties or responsibilites.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org|