Shift NurseHills & Dales, Dubuque, IA Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Hills & Dales, a not-for-profit human services organization provides services to children and young adults with severe and profound mental and physical disabilities. It has always been the primary focus to serve people with significant medical needs. Hills & Dales values a quality of life that enhances dignity, upholds rights and encourages choices by the individual.
"It is our work, guided by our mission of building meaningful lives to serve our stakeholders; including residents and clients, their families, employees and society at large. We strive to make a positive difference in the quality of life of each individual we support."
Marilyn Althoff, Chief Executive Officer
Specific duties include, but not limited to:
- Monitoring resident health issues on a day-to-day basis and insuring necessary individual interventions.
- Implementing and maintaining temporary care plans are in place for residents who have a deviation from their normal activity level or care due to health issues.
- Informing direct staff of their responsibilities with resident’s in regards to health care matters for the shift, i.e., positioning, appointments, treatments, cares, etc.
- Implementing physician orders and treatment plans.
- Responding to health emergency situations in a calm, professional manner, assessing the situation, giving necessary instructions and initiating appropriate interventions.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of medications and treatments administered.
- Accurately administering medications according to the six R’s: right resident, right medication, right dose, right time, right route and right documentation; accurately administering treatments and internal feedings, providing timely documentation; assists in revising monthly medication sheets.
- Works with physicians to assure individual health concerns are addressed; insures that appropriate staff is informed and up-to-date regarding resident health issues.
- Maintains necessary contact with pharmacy and laboratory. Maintains resident parent/guardian contact for acute and routine health issues; insures that necessary information is related to and from nurses at schools and vocational site on a day-to-day basis.
- Insures the Health Services Manager is informed and up to date on resident status changes.
- Complies with building security policies, procedures and practices.
- Free of a conviction or prior employment history of child or resident abuse or dependent adult abuse.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Certification as a licensed practical nurse; registered nurse preferred.
- A minimum of one year nursing experience, preferably with targeted population.
- Current certification in cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- Required state training in dependent adult and child abuse class.
Schedule 1 : Works every 4th Saturday & Sunday 4:45pm - 5:15am.
If you are interested in applying please visit:
Offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of criminal background checks & drug screening. EOE.
This listing has expired
Human and Social Services
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|