Learn, Grow and Thrive with a Career at the Y
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you. In more than 10,000 communities nationwide, our staff members—of all ages and from diverse back–grounds and life experiences—enjoy the personal satisfaction that comes from nurturing the potential of youth and teens, improving the nation’s health and well-being and providing support to our neighbors.
The Y is, and always will be, dedicated to building healthy, confident, connected and secure children, adult, families and communities. Everyday our impact is felt when an individual makes a healthy choice, when a mentor inspires a child and when a community comes together for the common good.
With a focus on YOUTH DEVELOPMENT, HEALTHY LIVING, SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, ELIMINATING RACISM, and EMPOWERING WOMEN, strengthening communities is our cause. At the Y, we believe that lasting personal and social change happens when we all work together. Every day we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
Under the direct supervision of the Before & After School Program Coordinator, the Site Supervisor will be responsible for providing an appropriately safe, caring and enriching environment for the children enrolled in the Dubuque Community YMCA/YWCA Before & After School Program at their assigned school. The Site Supervisor is responsible for compliance with Iowa Department of Human Service licensing standards and the Dubuque Community YMCA/YWCA policies and procedures. The Site Supervisor is responsible for conducting themselves in a professional manner and for overseeing the professional conduct of site staff.
- Responsible for the daily operation of the assigned Before & After School Program
- Supervise site staff through delegation, encouragement, coaching & correction
- Create activity plans for each week and submit them to the Program Coordinator on time
- Develop and implement plans for activities, making sure the site staff have clear direction
- Prepare for daily activities before children arrive
- Interact appropriately with the children, establishing and maintaining appropriate boundaries
- Engage children in structured, age appropriate activities, operating with the best interest of the child in mind and ensure site staff do the same
- Establish a positive relationship with each child’s parent/guardian, school staff and co-workers maintaining good communication
- Provide excellent customer service to parents, children, and school staff
- Follow and enforce program and organization policies as well as licensing standards
- Enter attendance data in to the software provided accurately and on time
- Other duties as assigned
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Child Care/Day Care/Personal Care
Human and Social Services
|Years of Experience||--|