Learn, Grow and Thrive with a Career at the Y
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you. In more than 10,000 communities nationwide, our staff members—of all ages and from diverse back–grounds and life experiences—enjoy the personal satisfaction that comes from nurturing the potential of youth and teens, improving the nation’s health and well-being and providing support to our neighbors.
The Y is, and always will be, dedicated to building healthy, confident, connected and secure children, adult, families and communities. Everyday our impact is felt when an individual makes a healthy choice, when a mentor inspires a child and when a community comes together for the common good.
With a focus on YOUTH DEVELOPMENT, HEALTHY LIVING, SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, ELIMINATING RACISM, and EMPOWERING WOMEN, strengthening communities is our cause. At the Y, we believe that lasting personal and social change happens when we all work together. Every day we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
Under the direct supervision of the Site Supervisor, the Site Assistant will be responsible for assisting in operating an appropriately safe, caring and enriching environment for the children enrolled in the Dubuque Community YMCA/YWCA Before & After School Program at their assigned school. The Site Assistant is accountable for complying with Iowa Department of Human Service licensing standards and the Dubuque Community YMCA/YWCA policies and procedures. The Site Assistant is responsible for conducting themselves in a professional manner and for overseeing the professional conduct of site staff in the absence of the Site Supervisor.
- Work with Site Supervisor to develop plans for activities
- Implement Site Supervisor’s directions
- Assist with preparations for daily activities
- Interact appropriately with the children, involving them in structured, age appropriate activities, operating with the best interest of the child in mind.
- Establish a positive relationship with each child’s parent/guardian, school staff and co-workers maintaining good communication
- Provide excellent customer service to parents, children, and school staff
- Ensure the cleanliness and presentable appearance of the program site
- Ensure the proper serving of daily snacks
- Assist with maintaining inventory of supplies, submitting supply lists to Site Supervisor as necessary in a timely manner
- Assist in maintaining comprehensive records for all students enrolled
- Follow and enforce program and organization policies as well as licensing standards
- Serve as role model to all
- Other duties as assigned
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Child Care/Day Care/Personal Care
Human and Social Services
|Years of Experience||--|