Director of ChildcareUniversity of Dubuque, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
About the University of Dubuque
The University of Dubuque is a private, Presbyterian, coeducational, professional university with a foundation in the liberal arts. Our commitment is to nurturing the mind, body, and spirit as well as encouraging students to explore their fullest potential, is part of a rich Christian identity that dates back to the University's founding in 1852. Our welcoming interfaith community of 2000 students attracts young men and women from across the country and around the globe who seek the knowledge and the skills to make a difference in our ever-changing world. Within a values and faith base, we offer you an array of perspectives and broad exposure to our truly global society. The University comprises the undergraduate college, the graduate school, and the theological seminary.
Mission and Vision
The University of Dubuque is a private university offering undergraduate, graduate, and theological seminary degrees, and other educational opportunities with the intention of educating and forming the whole person. The University is comprised of individuals from the region, our nation, and the world.
As a community, the University practices its Christian commitments by educating students, pursuing excellence in scholarship, challenging students to live lives of worth and purpose, and preparing students for service to the church and the world.
Therefore, the University of Dubuque is committed to:
- A hospitable Christian environment which respects other faith traditions;
- Relationships which encourage intellectual, spiritual, and moral development;
- Excellence in academic inquiry and professional preparation;
- A diverse and equitable community where Christian love is practiced;
- Stewardship of all God’s human and natural resources;
- Zeal for life-long learning and service.
If you have a passion for teaching, a love for children, and want to work as a team to ensure high quality care and education then the University of Dubuque has a position for you as Director of Childcare for the Marge Kremer Little Spartans Childcare Center.
- Provide a safe developmental learning environment for young children
- Ensure that the center and the staff conform to federal, state, and local rules, regulations, and licensing requirements as well as QRS certified
- Develop and implement programming and curriculum
- Recruit, train, and supervise staff; maintain staff records
- Recruit and schedule children for the child care center; maintain accurate records on children enrolled in the program to include their development, attendance, immunization and general health; conduct program registration, and maintain appropriate files and waiting lists
- Prepare and maintain administrative and business reports and records of the child care center; record all fee payments and prepare billing, late payments, and follow-up actions when necessary; review income and expense, statistical, and budget status reports to develop and maintain sound financial status of program; analyze problems in these areas and make recommendations to resolve them or take corrective action
- Schedule staff accordingly to ensure ratio within each room
- Confer with parents on a regular basis to discuss the development of their enrolled children
- Order and maintain childcare supplies and equipment
- Bachelor’s degree in related area preferred
- Prior supervisor and childcare experience required; Childcare Director experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience operating a budget
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and decision-making authority
- Current certification in First Aid, CPR, Universal Precautions, and Mandatory Reporting training is preferred: ability to obtain certifications after employment is required
- Must be able to successfully pass child protective services and criminal background check; meet state requirements for a director
The University of Dubuque offers a competitive wage and an excellent benefits package including tuition remission, paid holidays, 4 weeks’ vacation and sick time. As well as contributes to retirement and life insurance.
To apply with a growing University for the Director of Childcare position, please submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and UD employment application, located on our website, to HR@dbq.edu or to the Director of Human Resources, at the University of Dubuque, 2000 University Avenue, Dubuque, IA 52001.
This listing has expired
Child Care/Day Care/Personal Care
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|