Marketing and Events CoordinatorDubuque Regional Humane Society, Dubuque, IA
The Dubuque Regional Humane Society (DRHS) is a no-kill open admission animal welfare organization serving the tri-state area since 1901. Our facility admits thousands of homeless animals every year, providing them food, shelter, medical attention, and a second chance at finding their forever homes. The campus features a recently renovated adoption facility and an on-site veterinary clinic. The DRHS is an independent, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
- Develop an annual marketing plan that includes strategies for furthering the mission of the DRHS, with a focus on increasing utilization of services, and necessary funding. Plan should include activities through all channels including, but not exclusive to, media relations, advertising, social media and the website.
- Effectively manage media relationships and exposure. Share the DRHS story through newspaper articles, timely press releases, television features and radio PSAs. Develop relationships with media partners.
- Manage the DRHS website, updating content to ensure accuracy, relevance and timeliness. Work with the website vendor as needed.
- Research and coordinate advertising opportunities to provide the biggest benefit within budget. Prepare needed content, graphics, etc. to be used in advertisements. Analyze the effectiveness of advertising and make any necessary adjustments to future campaigns.
- Develop print materials used to market all DRHS services/programs. Ensure consistency and professionalism through all pieces including brochures, rack cards, postcards, signage and flyers.
- Create interesting and informative electronic newsletters, and printed newsletters as assigned by the President/CEO. Write and/or edit stories, perform design and layout and coordinate distribution.
- Manage social media channels for optimal exposure and timely story telling. Post statistics, events and stories of interest. Collaborating with Operations staff, create videos to show the DRHS in action to be included in our YouTube account and linked through the website and social media outlets.
- Coordinate efforts to share success stories and timely animal information with little lead time. Be responsive to the unpredictable activities that may occur at any time.
- Plan promotions to spur adoptions and use of other services offered by the DRHS. Communicate promotions and work with staff to ensure success.
- Develop partnerships with local businesses, organizations and individuals to generate marketing resources and advance the mission of the DRHS.
- Collaborate with the President/CEO and Director of Development to develop an annual, comprehensive plan that includes goals, objectives and action steps to raise necessary funding for the organization.
- Plan, coordinate and execute events to meet budgeted goals.
- Organize event details and timelines. Manage tasks to ensure they occur in a timely and effective manner.
- Coordinate volunteers to serve as event committee members and assist at the events. Work with Outreach Coordinator as appropriate. Ensure proper recognition and gratitude is shown to volunteers.
- Maintain detailed records of participation, sponsorship, income/expense and other factors used to analyze event effectiveness.
- Develop creative and unique ways to enhance events.
- Effectively market events using various channels of communication including, but not limited to, press releases/media alerts, advertisements, social media and the website.
- Plan, write and prepare direct mail appeals. Coordinate design, printing and mailing of direct mailings.
- Supervise the activities of the department interns and event volunteers.
- Be knowledgeable and qualified to handle shelter emergencies.
- Participate in public appearances to maintain and enhance the image and presence of the DRHS in the community.
- Execute other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations or related fields or equivalent work experience.
- Graphic design, layout and web skills are highly desired.
- Prior experience in event development or nonprofit work is desired.
- Able to work collaboratively with diverse groups of people, including volunteers, department supervisors and staff.
- Able to communicate effectively to large audiences and individuals. Know appropriate use of verbal, written and email communication and select appropriate channels when needed.
- Have a steadfast belief in the mission, policies and procedures of the DRHS.
- Able to make decisions in the best interest of the organization.
- Have strong organization, interpersonal and multi-tasking skills. Able to prioritize and adhere to deadlines. Self-driven and goal orientated.
- Be creative and resourceful. Able to coordinate resources to help fulfill responsibilities.
- Be flexible and spontaneous, while being detail-oriented. Able and enthusiastic to share the mission and stories of the DRHS.
- Have current driver’s license, auto insurance and registration.
Please email your cover letter, resume, and a writing sample/portfolio (or a link to the portfolio) to email@example.com
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Graphic Design/Social Media
Volunteer and Non-profit
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|