Dubuque Bank and Trust, a proud member of Heartland Financial USA, Inc., operates offices in Dubuque, Epworth, Farley and Holy Cross. The bank serves thousands of customers in Iowa as well as in Illinois, Wisconsin and other states. With assets of more than $1 billion, DB&T is among Iowa's 10 largest banking institutions. DB&T is headquartered at 1398 Central Avenue in Dubuque.
The Systems Specialist for Heartland Retirement Plan Services ("RPS") is responsible for implementation and ongoing maintenance of all RPS systems which provide retirement plan administration services to clients of Heartland Financial USA, Inc. subsidiary banks. Functions of this position include analyzing system design and optimization, preforming cost analysis on system enhancements, finding departmental efficiencies, ensuring all system upgrades comply with ERISA law, and consulting with vendors, end users and internal resources to determine business needs and reporting requirements.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Researches, designs and analyzes system solutions to fulfill objectives and requirements while considering the limitations imposed by resources, practicality, and compliance through cost benefit analyses.
2. Prioritizes critical tasks and coordinates the construction and expansion of systems so updates and other maintenance tasks do not get in the way of daily operations.
3. Serves as liaison between the end users (RPS Employees), the system vendors (Relius and MATC) and interdepartmental resources (HTLF). Is single point of contact to communicate all system related information and application.
4. Works closely with the system vendor service teams and programmers, to develop expertise in the design, application and capabilities of the RPS systems.
5. Works with end users within RPS to understand business needs, wants, and processes.
6. Facilitates meetings related to the system and keeps end users informed of significant changes and updates.
7. Collects and presents system performance, system issues, identified gaps and potential solutions to Executives and end users, as necessary, in an organized and measurable fashion allowing efficiency in decision making and approvals.
8. Collaborates with system developers and end users to identify and improve system to business application gaps.
9. Obtains extensive general business knowledge, aiding the navigation of the end user experience, applied business processes, and change impact analysis.
10. Provides guidance and implements complex IRS and DOL corrections in accordance with ERISA.
11. Stay current on any continuing education required for job responsibilities or designation commitments
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required. Computer Science or Software Engineering, preferred.
2. A minimum of 3 years of retirement plan system experience
3. System implementation and/or project management experience
4. Experience with Relius Administration, preferred
5. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills to identify problems and recommend appropriate follow-up action
6. Excellent analytical, problem solving, business judgment and organization skills
7. Ability to work in a team environment as well as organize and work on an individual basis
8. Ability to understand and quickly comprehend retirement plan recordkeeping systems - a familiarity with Relius Administration System, Relius ASP Document System and Relius Government Forms, preferred
9. Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, especially spreadsheets, pivot tables, and tabs in Excel
10. Commitment to being a life-long learner in an ever-changing industry
If not already obtained, the employee is expected to begin education for the QKA designation within the first twelve months of employment.
EOE/AA Employer ∙ M/F/Disabled/Vet
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|