Dubuque Bank and Trust, a proud member of Heartland Financial USA, Inc., operates offices in Dubuque, Epworth, Farley and Holy Cross. The bank serves thousands of customers in Iowa as well as in Illinois, Wisconsin and other states. With assets of more than $1 billion, DB&T is among Iowa's 10 largest banking institutions. DB&T is headquartered at 1398 Central Avenue in Dubuque.
The Retirement Plan Services Sales Support Manager oversees the function providing sales support (technical expertise, marketing materials and administrative assistance) to Retirement Plan Services (RPS) business development officers (BDOs) of Heartland Financial USA, Inc. subsidiary banks. In addition to supervising the sales support team, this individual is responsible for managing sales support processes and workflow and serves as the main technical resource for new business opportunities and product benchmarking analyses.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for the processes, prioritization, and workflow related to the creation and delivery of custom sales proposals to prospective plan sponsor clients.
2. Maintains a high level of expertise on Heartland RPS products and those of competitors.
3. Creates and shares in-depth comparison analyses between Heartland's RPS product and those of prospective clients in the following respects: investment performance, trustee/fiduciary liabilities, employer/employee support, fund mapping, education, and fees. Coaches support staff in performing these functions as well.
4. Manages the request-for-proposal response process:
a. Assigns information gathering to appropriate staff members.
b. Manages timelines to meet deadline for RFP submission.
c. Serves as a resource for internal team member questions in the development of the RFP.
d. Supports the BDOs as a resource for prospects and/or their consultants on follow up questions to information provided in the RFP.
5. Prepares plan design illustrations which provide prospective clients with options for employee/employer contribution allocations should Heartland RPS be selected as the employer's retirement plan administrator.
6. Creates educational training materials and educates RPS BDOs on competitor products, investments, plan design, cross-testing, fee disclosures, the conversion process, service models, and fiduciary liability.
7. Major contributor to the selection of vendor partners that support the sales process and will be ongoing representative for these vendors.
8. Serves as a sales support representative on internal product development teams.
9. Partners with businesses that offer Heartland RPS as a third-party partner for their client base to establish selling agreements and all other documentation necessary to complete third-party transactions.
10. Maintains an understanding of Heartland bank products and services to support cross-selling referral business.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has supervisory responsibilities.
1. Directly supervises two or more RPS sales support positions.
2. Works with Heartland Financials recruitment team to hire the most qualified and talented individuals to fill open positions.
3. Provides information and on-going feedback to department staff regarding expectations and performance.
4. Addresses and resolves all performance concerns and issues in a timely manner.
5. Works with department staff on individual professional development.
6. Prepares and conducts annual performance reviews. Completes and submits all forms associated with the review process to the department according to the review process deadline.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
2. 3-5 years' experience in the retirement plan industry.
3. 1-3 years' supervisory experience.
4. Knowledge of retirement plan design, compliance, testing, investments, and ERISA and industry standards.
5. Excellent process management and organizational skills.
6. Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
7. Strategic thinking, with the ability to carry out strategic direction in the performance of the job, as well as communicate strategy and goals to others.
8. Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and proficiency in other Microsoft Office applications.
9. Excellent attention to detail, including strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
10. Excellent organization & planning skills; time and project management.
11. Demonstrated ability to actively listen to others and effectively articulate and translate ideas, terms, and concepts for the position’s specialized business line.
12. Ability to work alone as well as with a team to meet deadlines.
13. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in the performance of responsibilities.
1. Retirement or financial services industry certification(s), preferred.
EOE/AA Employer ∙ M/F/Disabled/Vet
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|