Insurance AgentDubuque Bank and Trust, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Dubuque Bank and Trust, a proud member of Heartland Financial USA, Inc., operates offices in Dubuque, Epworth, Farley and Holy Cross. The bank serves thousands of customers in Iowa as well as in Illinois, Wisconsin and other states. With assets of more than $1 billion, DB&T is among Iowa's 10 largest banking institutions. DB&T is headquartered at 1398 Central Avenue in Dubuque.
Under general supervision, the Insurance Agent sells insurance products to new and existing customers and counsels these customers through the use of discovery, concerning coverage, limits, and on the benefits of using additional products and services offered.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meets and exceeds sales goal expectations in all product areas
- Contacts prospective clients and explains features and benefits of policies offered, recommending amount and type of coverage based on analysis of prospect’s circumstances.
- Calculates and quotes premium rates for recommended policies.
Assists customers with escalated billing questions, policy changes, claims, binder, payments, etc.
- Helps policyholders settle escalated insurance claims in the event of a loss.
- Anticipates future needs and calls on established clients to renew and upgrade accounts.
- Develops long-term relationships with clients and underwriters.
- Provides excellence in customer service to both internal employees and external customers.
- Refers and cross-sells other banking and non-traditional products/services to new and existing customers.
- Actively participates in all sales meetings, seminars and other job-related activities.
- Understands and adheres to the policy guidelines as outlined in the commission plan.
- Follows insurance regulations and bank policies and procedures.
- Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
High School Diploma
Preferred: Associates Degree
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 1-3 years of insurance sales experience.
- Proven customer service and sales skills
- Personalized insurance knowledge a plus
- High attention to detail and results oriented.
- Ability to analyze and interpret insurance contracts
- Ability to multi-task and meets deadlines.
- Life Insurance License.
- Property Casualty License.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|