Southwest Health is a non-profit health care system offering residents of southwest Wisconsin a broad span of medical services through its various facilities, including a hospital in Platteville, and Southwest Behavioral Services as well as Epione Pavilion in Cuba City.
We are a model healthcare organization, providing the highest quality care at the lowest possible cost while working to create healthier communities.
We are committed to quality health care. Proof of this committment is our accreditation by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations. We've been awarded full accreditation because we strive to provide the best care possible, and we've proven it by meeting the Joint Commissions's standards for high quality care. Our Long Term Care Facility has also successfully completed two consecutive years of deficiency free surveys by the Department of Health and Family Services - Bureau of Quality Assurance.
Our hospital features birthing suites, 24-hour a day emergency services, complete diagnostic services, an out-patient specialty clinic, community health programs, comprehensive rehabilitation services (physical, occupational, speech therapies), and respiratory therapy services to name just a few.
- Minimum Education: High School Degree or its equivalent
- Wisconsin Paramedic (Paramedic) licensure
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license equivalent to a Wisconsin Class D license
- NIMS ICS 100, 200, 700 and 800 Certifications; or completion of within 3 months of hire
- Emergency Vehicle Operators Course or similar course completion
- HAZMAT Awareness Course Completion
- Working knowledge of HIPAA and other privacy laws/regulations
- Certification in Basic Life Support
- Certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Certification in Pediatric Advanced Life Support
We are seeking Paramedics to work the following shifts:
- Part-time to work one 24 hour shift per week (shifts start at 6:00pm)
- Casual to fill in on an as needed basis (shifts are 24 hours in length starting at 6am or 6pm with the potential to work half shifts if needed)
The Paramedic is responsible for providing pre-hospital emergency medical care at the appropriate level for those served by the Emergency Medical Services Program for Southwest Health. Performs medical care and provides assistance to staff as assigned within Southwest Health. All medical care performed is pursuant to the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) as outlined under, but not limited to the following: Wisconsin Administrative Code DHS 110, the prescribed medical guidelines outlined by the medical director, the current version of the Standards and Procedures of Practical Skills and the current Scope of Practice for EMT, AEMT or Paramedic.
We believe that together we can change lives, and we anticipate your life will change in the process. If you aspire to help others find hope and live better, we invite you to submit your application at www.southwesthealth.org.
SH is truly an outstanding place to work. A full benefit package is available for employees working 20 hours/week or greater which includes: Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance. Also available are long and short term disability, cell phone discount, flexible spending plan, paid time off, retirement plan with an employer contribution, fitness membership discount as well as use of exercise equipment at the facility.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|