Technology Support SpecialistLoras College, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Loras College was founded in 1839 by the Most Rev. Mathias Loras, first Bishop of Dubuque, who established St. Raphael Seminary to educate young men for the priesthood, but with the expressed intention also of providing an opportunity for higher education to the citizens of the area. The college has functioned under several names (St. Raphael Seminary, Mt. St. Bernard, St. Joseph College, Dubuque College and Columbia College), finally adopting its present name during its centennial in 1939.
Loras is a Catholic liberal arts college dedicated to the total development of the student. Small enough to be personal, large enough to offer a wide variety of quality academic programs, Loras College recognizes the human dignity of each individual and challenges men and women to grow with purpose and direction. Relating the rich liberal arts tradition to a changing world, Loras strives to develop active learners, reflective thinkers, ethical decision makers and responsible contributors in their diverse professional, social, and religious roles. The College has an enrollment of approximately 1,600 students and employs over 375 faculty and staff members. Although employee turnover is low, interesting and challenging employment opportunities do exist in a variety of technical and professional career fields. More employment information is available at the Loras College employment opportunities webpage: https://loras.applicantpool.com/jobs/.
The Technology Support Specialist manages Office 365, Active Directory, Skype for Business, and ShoreTel Phone System as well as assists with user support for computing devices, electronic classrooms, Help Desk fill-in support, and other duties as assigned.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Manages and performs maintenance along with documentation of Office 365, Active Directory, Voicemail, Shoreware Director, Telecommunication Equipment, and Skype for Business.
- Initiates trouble calls and resolves problems in coordination with the Users Services team.
- Prepares monthly telecommunication service billing.
- Supports user computing devices and electronic classrooms by going across campus to offices and classrooms.
- Provides Technology Center Help Desk fill-in support.
- Supports the mission and vision of the College and respects the College’s Catholic tradition.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Conceptual Thinking - Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
- Resource Management (People & Equipment) - Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, as well as personnel.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Required: Any combination of education and experience equivalent to an associate’s degree in a computer or telecommunications related area.
Experience: Knowledge of computer systems, telecommunication systems, IP telephone, accounting and recordkeeping principles. Some experience in accounting is desirable.
Other Requirements: Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, administration, staff, parents and students. Adaptability, flexibility and the ability to work without direct supervision in a team-based department. Ability to prioritize work and meet multiple deadlines. Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel. Willingness to travel to training programs. Good problem-solving skills. Good oral and written communication skills. Vision (Near, Color).
Loras College is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|