Help Desk SpecialistLoras College, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Loras College was founded in 1839 by the Most Rev. Mathias Loras, first Bishop of Dubuque, who established St. Raphael Seminary to educate young men for the priesthood, but with the expressed intention also of providing an opportunity for higher education to the citizens of the area. The college has functioned under several names (St. Raphael Seminary, Mt. St. Bernard, St. Joseph College, Dubuque College and Columbia College), finally adopting its present name during its centennial in 1939.
Loras is a Catholic liberal arts college dedicated to the total development of the student. Small enough to be personal, large enough to offer a wide variety of quality academic programs, Loras College recognizes the human dignity of each individual and challenges men and women to grow with purpose and direction. Relating the rich liberal arts tradition to a changing world, Loras strives to develop active learners, reflective thinkers, ethical decision makers and responsible contributors in their diverse professional, social, and religious roles. The College has an enrollment of approximately 1,600 students and employs over 375 faculty and staff members. Although employee turnover is low, interesting and challenging employment opportunities do exist in a variety of technical and professional career fields. More employment information is available at the Loras College employment opportunities webpage: https://loras.applicantpool.com/jobs/.
Collaborates with the Information Technology Services team to provide the first level of technology assistance to the Loras community via walk-in to help desk, electronic communication, and telephone helplines. The focus of this first line support position is to resolve a high volume of end user questions in a timely manner.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Performs problem-resolution and Help Desk support via telephone, electronic communication, and walk-in customers for stand-alone and networked, mobile and desktop computer systems for the entire campus community. Principle function.
- Must be available at the Help Desk throughout the day. If a resolution cannot be made in a timely manner then the ticket is logged to a second level support person. To continue with our quest for first level resolution this person will be asked to monitor items that are passed to a second level technician.
- Uses and maintains Help Desk tickets assigned to the Help Desk Specialists, as well as follows up with IT staff on Help Desk tickets if requested by the user.
- Keeps track and analyses any patterns or significant problems.
- Able to work efficiently and as accurately as possible.
- Ability to tolerate interruption and able to switch from one problem to the next.
- Ensures a seamless transition of the repair process from initial contact and after repair completed follows up with user with any questions regarding repair or setup.
- Facilitates and performs repair procedures and other computer-related support services and requests as demanded. Will include reimaging and minor “quick fix” repairs that can be performed without going through to the repair center.
- Remains current in knowledge of related hardware, software, and network computer technology.
- Plans and implements special projects and performs clerical duties as time permits.
- Supports the mission and vision of the College and respects the College’s Catholic tradition.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and through email.
- Conceptual Thinking - Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
- Resource Management (People & Equipment) - Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, as well as personnel.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Required: Bachelor’s degree in computer information systems/management information systems or related field; or Associates degree in technology related field.
Experience: Minimum of three years prior experience in personal computer support. Basic knowledge of personal equipment and network industry including hardware and software. Experience with Microsoft Windows and Office in a network environment required. Prior experience with Help Desk support preferred. Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS) certification in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint required within one year of employment. Other certifications may be required as technology and needs change.
Other Requirements: Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, administration, staff and students. Excellent communication skills. Adaptability, flexibility and the ability to work without direct supervision in a team-based department. Ability to prioritize work and meet multiple deadlines. Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel. Ability to tackle issues and follow through to completion. Willingness to travel to training programs. Good problem-solving skills. Solid oral and written communication abilities. Vision (Near, Color).
Loras College is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|