Loan Support SpecialistFirst Community Bank of Galena, a branch of Apple River State Bank, Galena, IL
First Community Bank of Galena
The position of Loan Support Specialist is responsible for performing routine and intermediate duties related to consumer and business loan applications; generates loan documentation for all types of loans; processes consumer, commercial and real estate loan payments and advances on lines of credit; prepares DDA overdraft protection line documents; boards loans on the Bank's mainframe computer system; works daily insurance and monthly reports; distributes daily and monthly reports; and promotes business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services.
- Primarily responsible for the ongoing support for all loan processing and servicing activities. This would include accurately coding and processing to the loan system for new loan setup, payments, advances, payoffs, extensions, modifications, account maintenance, rate changes, etc.
- Begins credit request process; inputs applicant information such as borrower's name and address; inputs the appropriate purpose, SIC and CRA codes; lists loan amount, terms, grade, purpose, collateral and account balances; orders preliminary reports (e.g., title, flood, UCC, Secretary of the State, etc.)
- Runs credit reports on current or prospective borrowers as necessary for all related interests.
- Conducts account research to update customer's complete banking relationship.
- Prepares working files for all loans serviced, including copies of mortgages, notes, HUD statements, property tax statements, homeowners insurance policy, flood insurance escrow accounts, loan balance/pay-off amounts, etc. May be required to prepare written correspondence to customers on non-routine customer service issues.
- Processes consumer, commercial and real estate loan payments and advances.
- Process paid loans, ensuring proper releases of titles; security in a timely and accurate manner. This includes the return of all closed/paid off renewed notes to the customer, lender or county (lien releases, mortgage satisfactions).
- Reviews loan approvals to ensure information is complete; follows up to obtain missing data; inputs data and generates loan documents on the loan documentation system ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Provide management information as requested and provide tickler tracking as necessary.
- Willingness to cross-train within department and work as a team member at all times.
- Sets up and maintains credit and other files for documentation and compliance, vehicle title work and UCC filings.
- Works with insurance policies and related reports; contacts agents; works closely with loan officers and customers to ensure proper insurance is received and maintained.
- Answers the telephone; responds to routine loan officer, customer or employee inquiries relative to account balances, loan balances and payoff requests.
- Assists loan officers and other personnel to ensure proper related documentation is prepared a/or provided.
- Corrects loan accounting system errors as necessary.
- Provides effective customer service and assists in resolving problems within given authority.
- May be required to perform official notary services if bonded as a Notary Public.
- Operates computer terminal or personal computer to process loan activity, determine balances, and resolve problems within given authority.
The position of Loan Support Specialist performs duties specific to the position and other functions as assigned.
The position of Loan Support Specialist is not responsible for the supervision of any employee(s), however the incumbent is required to provide leadership, training and support to less experienced Loan Support Specialists and other branch staff members.
Environment and Physical Activity
The environment for this position is an open office that is mostly clean and comfortable. It may include some minor annoyances such as noise, odors, drafts, etc. The incumbent is in a non-confined office-type setting in which he or she is free to move about at will.
The incumbent in the course of performing this position spends time writing, typing, speaking, listening, lifting, carrying, seeing (such as close, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and adjusted focus), sitting, pulling, walking, standing, squatting, kneeling and reaching.
The incumbent for this position may operate any or all of the following: telephone, copy and fax machines, scanners, adding machine (calculator), typewriter, computer terminal, personal computer and related printers.
The incumbent in this position must be able to accommodate to reading documents or instruments, detailed work, problem solving, customer contact, reasoning, math, language, presentations, verbal and written communication, analytical reasoning, stress, training, multiple concurrent tasks, and constant interruptions.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
- Two year certificate from college or technical school; or Five years related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Work related experience should consist of a credit or loan processing background. Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be business or financial industry related.
- Basic level of work experience, knowledge and training in all loan servicing activities and terminology.
- Basic knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations and other Bank lending policies.
- Basic knowledge of title policies and related loan regulations and other Bank lending policies.
- Basic skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; mainframe computer system; spreadsheet and specialty software programs.
- Intermediate typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest, proportions, and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, and speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Ability to deal with difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work with general supervision while performing duties.
EOE: Apple River State Bank provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|