Director for CommunicationsWartburg Theological Seminary, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Wartburg Theological Seminary is one of eight theological schools of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. Wartburg was established in Dubuque, Iowa in 1854 and is accredited by the Association of Theological Schools and the Higher Learning Commission. The seminary educates women and men to serve church and world as ordained and lay leaders.
Communications is integral to the life and mission of Wartburg Theological Seminary (Wartburg). The Director for Communications is responsible for strengthening Wartburg through the implementation of marketing, brand, and communication strategies that support the mission and strategic direction of Wartburg. This includes managing a variety of communication strategies utilizing web, social media, digital media, print, brand awareness, and other communication and marketing tactics.
- Develop an annual institutional strategic communication, brand awareness, style guide and integrated marketing plan to effectively convey Wartburg’s distinctiveness.
- Assist goal driven departments (Admissions and Development, etc.) to create yearly departmental strategic communication, brand awareness, and integrated marketing plans.
- Track and report monthly analytics for institutional and departmental strategic communication, brand awareness, and integrated marketing plans and adjust plans as necessary to meet institutional and departmental goals.
- Serve as executive editor for Wartburgseminary.edu
- Write and publish donor, student, faculty, staff, alumni, and brand stories that support the mission, vision, and strategic direction of Wartburg in various publications:
- Daily/weekly posts to social media channels
- Weekly website updates
- Monthly electronic E-Life Together newsletter
- Life Together Magazine: three issues representing strategic priorities related to Admissions (February), Commencement/Mission (June), and Development (October with Annual Report)
- Provide leadership for and strategize with the social media team to curate regular content and increase audience engagement on Wartburg’s social media channels.
- Design print and digital graphics for seminary and departmental publications, mailings, targeted emails, and social media ensuring brand and style consistency.
- Manage relationships with vendors, outsourcing contracts, and printing companies.
- Ensure up to date photography is available for marketing
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience Required:
Bachelor's degree in a related field and 3 years of experience in marketing, communication, brand awareness, and graphic design.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage deadlines.
- Proven track record of innovation and creativity.
- Expertise in marketing, brand, communication techniques, , computer-based design, editing, and various social media channels.
- Knowledge and experience with design and graphics software, such as Adobe Creative Suite.
- Gifted story teller with exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborative team player.
- Experience developing, producing, and editing electronic and print communication materials.
- Experience with Wordpress and/or HTML.
- Professional experience with social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snap-Chat, and YouTube.
- Basic photography and video editing.
- Ability to negotiate with and manage vendors.
Wartburg Theological Seminary recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
This listing has expired
Graphic Design/Social Media
Volunteer and Non-profit
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|