Grant Regional Health Center is a critical access hospital and clinic located in Lancaster WI. We are a progressive and growing facility. Our new med/surg department and clinic opened as well as our new main entrance on 9-10-18. Please join us to 'experience the difference'. Other enhancements include a new state-of-the-art Radiology Suite, education center, larger Emergency Department, and remodel of our Surgical Services suite. We are fortunate to have an exceptional staff of medical providers. With our hearts and minds we area touching lives!
The Orthopedic PA-C is responsible for providing professional care to patients in assigned settings. Maintains accountability for his/her own practice and delegates/provides direction to other personnel in the unit in accordance with their level of expertise and experience. Completes patient assessments, orders and interprets diagnostic tests and completes or prescribes treatments under the supervising Orthopedic Surgeon in accordance with appropriate Wisconsin statutes and federal regulations.
The Orthopedic PA-C will:
· Elicit a personal medical history; performs an appropriate physical examination and records pertinent data in the patient's medical record
· Administer or prescribe medications as needed, including: injections, immunizations and oral medications
· Provide patient care; assesses and treats problems as indicated and seeks physician intervention when necessary
· Perform / assist in routine diagnostic studies as needed
· Promote positive health behaviors and self-care skills through education and / or counseling
· Assist in the delivery of services to patients by reviewing and monitoring treatment and therapy plans; and seeks physician intervention when necessary
· Perform evaluation and treatment procedures necessary to ensure appropriate response to life-threatening emergency situations
· Facilitate referral of patients to other appropriate community healthcare facilities, agencies and resources
· Write prescriptions for medications, according to state regulation and practice protocol
· Participate in personal continuing education
· Conform to appropriate infection control policies when in contact with patients, blood and body fluids (i.e. practice good Universal Precautions)
· Responsible for documenting patient info in electronic medical record (EPIC)
· Perform other duties as assigned
Degree from an accredited Physician Assistant program. Current Physician Assistant license in the state of Wisconsin; current board certification from NCCPA must be achieved within 18 months of hire; and current DEA license. Current BLS certification. Minimum of three years clinical experience required. Surgical or Orthopedic experience including electronic medical records experience preferred. EPIC experience a plus. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Exceptional customer service skills. Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team. Ability to multi-task and problem solve. Strong analytical and interpersonal skills required.
Please submit current CV/resume with our on-line application or email directly Stacy Martin, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|