Area Residential Care is a private, non-profit corporation founded in 1968 and headquartered in Dubuque, IA. Area Residential Care serves people with intellectual disabilities and other developmental disabilities. Several residential options are offered to meet individual needs as well as vocational programs that create opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in the workforce. Services are primarily provided to residents of Dubuque, Jackson, Delaware, Clayton, and Jones counties in Iowa. Area Residential Care serves 250+ individuals and employs over 200 staff members.
MISSION STATEMENT It is the mission of Area Residential Care to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life.
VALUE STATEMENTS Area Residential Care is committed to values that support its mission statement
What You Do:
- Guide, train, and assist consumers in a vocational setting with their daily program activites and life skills. Includes involvment in community outings.
- Assists individuals as necessary in a supported community living home to complete food purchasing and preparation, do laundry, complete household duties, and complete hygiene activities including showering/bathing, toileting, and oral hygiene.
- Advocates for and teach individuals served on how to exercise their rights and on how to be safe.
- Ensure data is recorded promptly and accurately in regards to contact notes, incidents, etc.
- Use a variety of techniques to modify behavior, including physical restraint if necessary.
- Pass medications to individuals served following all policies and procedures after completing agency sponsored training.
- Assist individuals with making and/or being present at medical/dental appointments as necessary.
- Maintain positive, appropriate relationships and effective communication with individuals served, agency staff, members of the community, and service providers.
What You Need:
- High school diploma/G.E.D.
- No direct-care experience required
- Ability to comprehend basic medical and life-skill programs
- Basic computer ability to type and process notes
- Ability to lift 20lbs and occasionally lift up to 50lbs
- Must be able to physically prompt, escort, and physically restrain individuals served
- Valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record required for most positions
- Requires certification for passing medications upon completion of agency sponsored training
- Successful clearance of criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen
What We Offer:
- Full time staff receive Life, Health, Dental and Vision Insurances, 401k with employer contribution, Accrued disability time
- Paid Time Off after 90 days for full time and part time I staff
- Paid training
- Advancement opportunities
- Employee Referral Program
- Full-time and part-time employment with a variety of shift options
- An opportunity to make a positive, lasting impact every day in a fun and upbeat family work environment!
Area Residential Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Child Care/Day Care/Personal Care
Human and Social Services
Volunteer and Non-profit
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|