Student Life Coordinator & Athletic DirectorSouthwest Wisconsin Technical College, FENNIMORE, WI
Southwest Wisconsin Technical College, Fennimore, WI is committed to excellence in education. The College assists individuals to develop employment skills, a lifelong commitment to learning, and a respect for diversity. Programs and services meet the changing needs of business, industry, and society.
The Student Life Coordinator & Athletic Director provides services to students and prospective students in the areas of student life, activities, admissions, academic advising, career services, and residential services. This role positions students for success through co-curricular involvement. Responsibilities include oversight of student life offerings, related student life facilities, the co-curricular assessment program; athletic programming -both collegiate and intramural; leadership of Student Government /Phi Theta Kappa groups; communication of college newsletters to the student body; production of the student handbook; organization of several key student events throughout the year, as well as monitoring program budgets to ensure proper use of funds; and utilize event planning skills. This position may require occasional travel throughout the year to state-called meetings and may require occasional weekend work to accommodate scheduled events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide broad leadership for all functions of student life with a focus on programming to encourage student retention and an environment that fosters an appreciation for diversity and inclusivity. This includes offering strategic year-long student life programming, as well as encouraging student development from participation in organizational clubs.
- Provide vision and strategy for student retention efforts through engagement with co-curriculuar activities –inclusion of core ability assessment for student clubs; and the development of retention measures that show effectiveness of involvment.
- Provide oversight, development and compliance for collegiate athletic programs, along with intramural activities.
- Provide direct leadership and oversight for Student Senate and Phi Theta Kappa. Foster development of student leaders in clubs to organize events, assist students with event planning/recreation/volunteering, budgetary oversight, and supervision.
- Collaborate broadly across the college for student life programming. provide support for all club advisors and student clubs to ensure alignment with student life mission, appropriate fundraising, recreation, community involvement, and address advisor and student concerns. Schedules dates for use of college facilities and equipment; order and maintain equipment; identify and contract with Vendors. Collaborate with Housing to connect students to campus activities.
- Publish and update Student handbook annually. Maintains and updates student life records and handbooks, renews raffle licenses in compliance with laws.
- Communicate student events and campus news to students through email newsletter, online monitors, posters, and other printed materials.
- Lead committee efforts, organization and execution of semi-annual commencement exercises.
- Lead and execute new and returning student welcoming events semi-annually.
- Manage the operations of facilities and equipment – including Charley’s, the workout facility, and Charger Lounge. Utilize measures to analyze effectiveness and make improvements where needed.
- Train and supervise student workers.
- Performs other related duties of a comparable level/type as assigned.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in Education, Health and Human Performance or 2-5 years of related field experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Budgetary principles;
· Contract and agreement requirements;
· Methods of preparing related documents;
· Methods of creating schedules;
· Recordkeeping principles;
· Principles and practices of planning events.
· Applicable computers and software;
· Operating computers and software;
· Estimating budget requirements;
· Preparing reports and documents;
· Creating schedules;
· Positive attitude;
· Maintaining records;
· Organizational skills;
· Planning events;
· Utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, and others sufficient to exchange or convey information.
· Collaboration with students and other departments
Internal and External applicants complete and submit the online employment application at https://www.swtc.edu/about/job-opportunities. For questions regarding the application process please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608.822.2314.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: November 25, 2018
STARTING DATE: December 2018
SALARY BAND: C42 - $48,795 – $68,313
BENEFITS/SERVICES: Our comprehensive benefit package includes the following and much more:
· Health Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Life Insurance
· Long-Term Disability
· Health Savings Account
· Health Club Access
· Wisconsin Retirement System Contribution
· On-campus day care (hourly rate charged)
SELECTION PROCESS: The Review Committee will screen applicants and contact them for an interview. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure the candidate an interview. Final candidate’s employment offer will be subject to completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening.
Southwest Tech does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Officer has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non- discrimination policies. Call 800-362-3322, Ext. 2315 (TDD: 608-822-2072) or write Southwest Tech, 1800 Bronson Blvd., Fennimore, WI 53809.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|