Director of Media ServicesUniversity of Dubuque, Dubuque, IA
About the University of Dubuque
The University of Dubuque is a private, Presbyterian, coeducational, professional university with a foundation in the liberal arts. Our commitment is to nurturing the mind, body, and spirit as well as encouraging students to explore their fullest potential, is part of a rich Christian identity that dates back to the University's founding in 1852. Our welcoming interfaith community of 2000 students attracts young men and women from across the country and around the globe who seek the knowledge and the skills to make a difference in our ever-changing world. Within a values and faith base, we offer you an array of perspectives and broad exposure to our truly global society. The University comprises the undergraduate college, the graduate school, and the theological seminary.
Mission and Vision
The University of Dubuque is a private university offering undergraduate, graduate, and theological seminary degrees, and other educational opportunities with the intention of educating and forming the whole person. The University is comprised of individuals from the region, our nation, and the world.
As a community, the University practices its Christian commitments by educating students, pursuing excellence in scholarship, challenging students to live lives of worth and purpose, and preparing students for service to the church and the world.
Therefore, the University of Dubuque is committed to:
- A hospitable Christian environment which respects other faith traditions;
- Relationships which encourage intellectual, spiritual, and moral development;
- Excellence in academic inquiry and professional preparation;
- A diverse and equitable community where Christian love is practiced;
- Stewardship of all God’s human and natural resources;
- Zeal for life-long learning and service.
The University of Dubuque is a growing University that is seeking a Director of Media Services. The University of Dubuque offers an excellent benefits package including tuition remission, paid holidays, vacation and sick time. As well as contributes to retirement and life insurance.
- Oversee the design, purchase and installation of all campus audio-visual equipment (with the exception of Butler Hall, Babka Theater, and the Knapp Stage in the Heritage Center), including classrooms, special event spaces and digital signage systems. Ensure campus standards are being met whenever possible
- Perform preliminary research, collect project design proposals and make recommendations for AV equipment purchases
- Perform routine maintenance of audio-visual equipment and repairs or coordinates repairs as needed. Ensure the functionality of all campus AV systems by performing frequent checks to minimize classroom downtime
- Program and update classroom AV controls as necessary
- Manage the campus lecture capture system, including faculty/staff/student training and assistance as required
- Establish production standards for live webcasts and oversee the operations during the day of the event. Collect, review and share viewer analytics
- Enter all projects, help requests and equipment loans in online database and update as necessary
- Provide AV equipment training and technical support for faculty, staff, and students
- Supervise the Media Services Specialist, and assist him or her as needed
- Stay current with audio-visual technology trends, including a thorough knowledge of current hardware, software, and online resources
- Maintain a current inventory of campus audio-visual equipment
- Manage the department budget and set priorities for operating and capital expenses
- Bachelor of Arts degree from an accredited institution
- At least five years’ experience in AV technology, media production or a related field
- At least five years’ experience operating professional audio video equipment for special events
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite; Moodle or other course management system; Mediasite or other lecture capture solution, and Microsoft Office
- Basic knowledge of information technology systems, including operating systems, hardware, software and networks
- An interest in, and commitment to, helping faculty, students, and staff teach and learn using technology
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including an ability to train and assist others in constructive, positive manner
- Some night and weekend work may be required on occasion
To apply with a growing University for the Director of Media Services position, please submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and UD employment application, located on our website, to HR@dbq.edu or to the Director of Human Resources, at the University of Dubuque, 2000 University Avenue, Dubuque, IA 52001.
Applications from qualified persons with diverse backgrounds and cultures, including women and persons of color, are welcomed. AA/EEO
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Mail:||2000 University Ave|
Dubuque, IA 52001-5099
|Apply by Email:||HR@dbq.edu|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||5-10 Years|