Hills & Dales, a not-for-profit human services organization provides services to children and young adults with severe and profound mental and physical disabilities. It has always been the primary focus to serve people with significant medical needs. Hills & Dales values a quality of life that enhances dignity, upholds rights and encourages choices by the individual.
"It is our work, guided by our mission of building meaningful lives to serve our stakeholders; including residents and clients, their families, employees and society at large. We strive to make a positive difference in the quality of life of each individual we support."
Marilyn Althoff, Chief Executive Officer
About the Job
The Licensed Preschool Teacher creates lesson plans and implements activities using Teaching Strategies Gold for the Statewide Voluntary Preschool Program. This position collaborates with the Dubuque Community School District to provide high quality preschool to children ages 4 and 5 within the Hills & Dales Childcare Center. The teacher will help guide and instruct children to become independent, lifelong learners. This position is supported by a paraprofessional.
When You Join the Team as a Preschool Teacher You Will:
- Implement Hills & Dales’ curriculum in a way that is consistent with the unique needs of each child
- Create a safe, nurturing environment where children can play and learn.
- Assist the children to become problem solvers, by guiding them through structured and unstructured play activity to prepare them for kindergarten. You will strive to create social skill building and small group instruction.
- Partner and communicate with parents, with a shared desire to provide the best care and education for their children.
- Support your center’s success; partner with center staff and leadership to achieve goals around enrollment, quality, and engagement.
- Cultivate positive relationships with families, teachers, state licensing authorities, and community contacts.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A strong desire to work with children, and make a difference every day!
- Ability to build relationships with families and coworkers to create a dynamic work environment
- Active CPR/First Aid Certification, Universal Precautions, Mandatory Reporter certifications. Training is provided by employer if not currently certified.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood or Elementary Education
- Current Iowa Teaching License for early childhood from the BOEE, or an Elementary Education Teaching License will be accepted with the understanding of completing early childhood classes to obtain early childhood education license.
To Learn More About the Hills & Dales Childcare Center and to Apply Please Visit:
Offer of employment contingent upon successful completion of criminal background checks and drug screening. EOE
Child Care/Day Care/Personal Care
Volunteer and Non-profit
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|