Field Application EngineerTopcon Positioning Systems, Livermore, CA
This listing has expired
Topcon Positioning Systems
Field Application Engineer
The Field Application Engineer (Key Account) will play a critical support role for OEM development teams during development projects. Hands-on support of machines at customer sites during development and support immediately after launch. As new systems are rolled out, JD (and later other OEMs) require knowledgeable hands-on support with our system on their machines. Liaison between customer teams and Topcon development teams on troubleshooting and information gathering. This role can be remote, with preference to candidates located near a major U.S. airport. Travel will average around 60-70% total, primarily domestic with some international travel.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Conduct performance evaluation of closed loop control systems
- Installation and operation of instrumentation to collect data of machine dynamics during operation
- Inspection and analysis of collected data to diagnose performance issues
- Perform research to define appropriate instrumentation for field data collection
- Support engineering R&D by evaluating machine performance to verify new hardware and firmware releases
- Travel to OEM locations, and end user job sites to conduct machine performance evaluations
- MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Education & Experience
- 4 year engineering degree is expected, 2 year degree with demonstrated experience considered.
- 3 years’ experience in related field Knowledge, Skills & Attributes • Familiar with techniques and capable of capturing data from serial, Ethernet, CAN bus, and other common communication ports to extract and log test data
- Familiar with sensors and techniques for capturing dynamic position movement, hydraulic pressures and flows, and correlating temporal control system data
- Basic understanding of closed loop control systems, PID loops, Kalman filters
- Familiar with dynamic response of hydraulic positioning systems
- Able to communicate complicated topics clearly to colleagues and management
- Understand basic electrical properties and system interconnects, and use of digital multi meters
- Basic understanding of positioning sensors such as GNSS, gyro, accelerometer, magnetometer, laser detector, ultrasonic distance measurement, lidar, rotary encoders, etc.
- Able, or willing to learn to operate heavy equipment such as dozers, motor graders, excavators
TO APPLY GO TO: