Accounting ClerkSpahn & Rose Lumber Co, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Established in 1904, Spahn & Rose has 24 retail lumber and building material stores in Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin. We pride ourselves in providing our customers with excellent service and a superior quality mix, while encouraging our employees to have rewarding careers with avenues for advancement. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, disability and 401k and profit sharing plans.
If you are interested in joining a growing and dynamic organization that has been in business for over 110 years, we encourage you to apply and submit your resume today!
Established in 1904, Spahn & Rose has 24 retail lumber and building material stores in Iowa, Illinois & Wisconsin. We currently have an opening for an Accounting Clerk at our corporate office in Dubuque. The accounting clerk is responsible for the accounts payable process including the payment of invoices, ensuring the accuracy of the entire process as it relates to vendor payment, processing of purchase orders, receiving, invoices and payment of invoices, and communication with buyers. This role also serves as a support to the accounting operations by reconciling statements and other accounting entries.
- Review and process AP invoices
- Sort, code, balance and match invoices
- Upload invoices for electronic document storage in accounting system
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions and vendor statements
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries as needed
- Enter cash receipts and payments into the accounting system and prepare deposits
- Provide information by answering accounts payable related questions and requests from other departments
- Ensure accuracy of supplier information including payment terms and remittance information
- Reconcile transactions, financial data and other information to the accounting system
- Verify accuracy of general journal entries into the accounting system
- Maintain electronic documentation storage of bank statements and prepare monthly bank reconciliations for all locations
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
- Prepare outgoing mail by sealing envelopes and applying proper postage
- Assist with month end reports and reconciliations
- Some college preferred; however relevant work experience would be considered in lieu of education
- 1+ years of Full-cycle Accounts Payable experience or general accounting experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, staff and management
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize tasks
- Proven capability establishing good relationships and contributing in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Outlook
- Organizational skills
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner
At Spahn & Rose we pride ourselves in providing our customers with excellent service and a superior quality product mix, while encouraging our associates to have rewarding careers with potential for advancement. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, disability and 401K and profit sharing plans.
If you are interested in being part of a growing and dynamic organization doing business for over 114 years, we encourage you to apply and submit your resume today!
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|