Agriculture Mechanics Adjunct InstructorSouthwest Wisconsin Technical College, FENNIMORE, WI
Southwest Wisconsin Technical College, Fennimore, WI is committed to excellence in education. The College assists individuals to develop employment skills, a lifelong commitment to learning, and a respect for diversity. Programs and services meet the changing needs of business, industry, and society.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES INCLUDE:
- Teach Consumer Equipment Maintenance and Repair course - repair concepts of small engine, home-owner consumer products including Lawn & Garden tractors, riding lawn mowers, snow blowers, string trimmers, and chainsaws
- Teach Tillage and Planting Equipment course - focus on tillage, planting and seeding equipment adjustments along with diagnostic procedures for making the equipment as efficient in the field as possible
- Design, facilitate, and revise activities that promote optimum student learning
- Promote continuous quality improvement of curriculum and program operations to increase program effectiveness
- Work cooperatively with current Southwest Tech staff & a variety of business and industry customers to identify and address skill gaps
- Continuously evaluate student progress providing informative and summative feedback through formal and informal means
- Provide applications based learning activities that accommodate a variety of learning styles
- Assist with marketing the courses, seminars, workshops, etc
- Pursue and maintain appropriate certifications, qualifications, and licensure to maintain a high level of technical competency
- Other duties as assigned
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Two-year Associates degree plus minimum of 5.5 years related work experience in the agriculture mechanics industry, agriculture education, or similar agriculture-related field required
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 2 years of experience in the agriculture industry preferred
- Employed in the field of agriculture or agriculture education within the last 5 years
- Two years previous teaching experience in a higher education environment preferred
- Knowledge and application of modern computer software and hardware (MS Word and PowerPoint), email, and internet experience
- Experience facilitating instruction using an online learning management system (LMS) preferred
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license
Internal and External applicants complete and submit the online employment application at https://www.swtc.edu/about/job-opportunities. For questions regarding the application process please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608.822.2314.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: December 9, 2018
STARTING DATE: January 2019
SALARY RANGES: Bachelors $39,549 - $48,194
Masters $43,263 – $52,720
(Pay calculation based on a semester load percentage, education and experience)
SELECTION PROCESS: The Review Committee will screen applicants and contact them for an interview. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure the candidate an interview. Final candidate’s employment offer will be subject to completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening.
Southwest Tech does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Officer has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies. Call 800-362-3322, Ext. 2315 (TDD: 608-822-2072) or write Southwest Tech, 1800 Bronson Blvd., Fennimore, WI 53809.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
|Years of Experience||5-10 Years|