Full-Time Teller/Customer Service RepresentativeFirst Community Bank of Galena, a branch of Apple River State Bank, Apple River, IL
This listing has expired
First Community Bank of Galena
Provide service to bank customers by conducting appropriate transactions, running proof operations and meeting the needs of customers by referring them to appropriate departments in the bank. Promote business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations.
- Receive checking and savings deposits: verify cash and endorsements, receive proper identification for cash back and issue receipts of deposit.
- Examine checks deposited and determine proper funds availability based on regulation requirements and complete Hold Notices as needed.
- Process savings withdrawals.
- Cash checks: verify endorsement, receive proper identification, and ensure validity.
- Identify counterfeit currency.
- Answer basic customer inquiries regarding interest rates, service charges, and account histories while complying with disclosure requirements, regulations and consumer privacy policies.
- Cross-sell bank products and services. Open new accounts.
- Refer customers to the proper department for issues that cannot be resolved at the teller line.
- Count and roll loose coins.
- Issue personal money orders and cashier's checks.
- Sell Traveler's Check cards and Visa Gift cards.
- Accept loan payments: verify payment amount and issue receipts.
- Buy and sell currency from the vault as necessary, ensuring that teller drawer cash limits are not exceeded.
- Ensure teller station is properly supplied.
- Accept county property tax payments.
- Balance and update savings passbooks, and close accounts when requested.
- Follow procedures for removing accounts for dormancy.
- Balance drawer daily.
- Redeem U.S. Savings Bonds
- Maintain appropriate currency logs.
- Process Mail.
- Assist with night depository duties; logging bags, processing deposits, making change orders, issuing receipts and returning bags to customers.
- May assist in opening and closing procedures.
- Assists in balancing vault currency and coin.
- Operates computer terminal or personal computer to process account activity, determine balances, and resolve problems within given authority.
- Receives and processes stop payment and hold orders.
- Provides effective customer service and assists in resolving problems within given authority.
- Scan and process proof
- May answer telephones and directs callers to proper Bank personnel.
- May gather data and process various reports (e.g., currency transaction, monetary instrument log, cash transaction log)
- Maintains files, copies and faxes documents and orders and distributes supplies.
The position of Multi-functional Teller performs duties specific to the position and other functions as assigned.
The position of Multi-functional Teller is not responsible for the supervision of any employee(s)
Environment and Physical Activity
The environment for this position is an open office that is mostly clean and comfortable. It may include some minor annoyances such as noise, odors, drafts, etc. The incumbent is in a non-confined office-type setting in which he or she is free to move about at will.
The incumbent in the course of performing this position spends time writing, typing, speaking, listening, lifting, carrying, seeing (such as close, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and adjusted focus), sitting, pulling, walking, standing, squatting, kneeling and reaching.
The incumbent for this position may operate any or all of the following: telephone, copy and fax machines, adding machine(calculator), encoder, money counter, typewriter, computer terminal, personal computer and related printers.
The incumbent in this position must be able to accommodate to reading documents or instruments, detailed work, problem solving, customer contact, reasoning, math, language, presentations, verbal and written communication, analytical reasoning, stress, multiple concurrent tasks and constant interruptions.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normal considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 1 year of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Cash handling or sales experience with prior customer service experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- The ability to prioritize and make on-the-spot decisions regarding customer transactions, weighing customer satisfaction issues with Bank exposure to loss or fraud.
- Mathematical skills
- In-depth knowledge of all bank deposit products and policies
- Basic knowledge of bank loan, trust and investment center products
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to cross sell
- High degree of accuracy
- Strong communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to complete training to obtain knowledge of various federal regulations and teller roles and responsibilities relating to each regulation.
Apple River State Bank provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This listing has expired
Apple River, IL
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|