General Services Staff AccountantO'Connor, Brooks & Co, P.C., Galena, IL
This listing has expired
O'Connor, Brooks & Co., P.C. is a locally owned public accounting firm which has been serving the tri-state area of Iowa, Wisconsin and Illinois since 1920. We have offices in Dubuque, Iowa and Galena, Illinois.
We are a general services CPA firm offering an array of services including: Bookkeeping, Payroll Processing, Tax Planning/Preparation, Bank Examinations, Accounting/Auditing, Business Consulting, and Controllership Functions.
Our practice serves a diverse clientele, ranging from individuals and small to medium-sized businesses, non-profit organizations and governmental entities.
As members of both the American Institute and the Iowa Society of Certified Public Accountants we are reviewed by our peers every three years, in which we continually receive the highest ratings.
We have been experiencing tremendous growth in recent years and believe we have a lot to offer to potential employees. We invite you to contact us today and learn more about the O'Connor, Brooks & Co., P.C. team and available employment opportunities.
We are seeking a full time General Services Staff Accountant in our Galena, Illinois office. Responsibilities include:
- Preparation of federal and state corporate, individual, partnership and trust tax returns as well as returns for non-profit organizations
- Assist with completion of compilation, review, and audit engagements
- Preparation of accurate review and audit engagement documentation
- Prepare working trial balances from client records
- Drafting financial statements
- Work with clients and firm members to ensure timely completion of projects
- Research tax and GAAP issues
The qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum B.S. or B.A. degree
- Accounting major
- CPA certificate or actively pursuing successful completion of the CPA exam
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel
- Ability to meet deadlines with accuracy
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem solving abilities
- Prior accounting/tax experience is a plus but not required
We offer a great work environment along with a competitive salary and excellent benefits including health and disability insurance, 401(k) plan, a referral incentive bonus, continuing professional education opportunities, summer hours, and vacation and sick time from the date of hire. In addition, we provide assistance with CPA exam fees as well as paid time off to take the exam.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|