Bodine Electric Company is the industry choice for small gearmotors, motors and controls. Established in 1905, and still family owned, Bodine Electric continues to set the standards for quality manufacturing and engineering excellence in the power transmission and motion control industry.
Bodine Electric's commitment to quality begins with our highly trained engineering professionals at two main company facilities. Our corporate headquarters in Northfield, Illinois, is home to our design engineering teams, research and development labs, and our sales support, customer service and marketing teams.
Peosta, Iowa is the home of our component manufacturing and final assembly operations. Bodine Electric utilizes the industry's latest winding, machining, and assembly equipment. Final assembly operations are supported by several manufacturing engineers, as well as a Lean Manufacturing team --all with 10+ years experience in fractional horsepower (less than 1HP) gearmotor and motor manufacturing.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and documenting manufacturing processes.
- Developing and implementing stat process control techniques such as SPC, process capability and design of experiments (DOE).
- Justify and coordinate the acquisition and installation of capital equipment.
- Analyzing manufacturing process flows continually for the enhancements of quality, cost reduction, and throughput.
- Work closely with Design Engineering to achieve cost-effective product designs.
- Estimating staffing requirements, production times, and relative costs to provide data for operational decisions.
- Develop technical training for employees.
- Creating and maintaining accurate documentation of tool and fixture drawings,
- Providing engineering support in production department to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems.
- Coordinating work with tool room personnel, assigned technicians, and outside vendors.
Experience and Education
- B.S. degree in Industrial/Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
Skilled Labor Trades
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|