Established in 1904, Spahn & Rose has 24 retail lumber and building material stores in Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin. We pride ourselves in providing our customers with excellent service and a superior quality mix, while encouraging our employees to have rewarding careers with avenues for advancement. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, disability and 401k and profit sharing plans.
If you are interested in joining a growing and dynamic organization that has been in business for over 110 years, we encourage you to apply and submit your resume today!
Established in 1904, Spahn & Rose has 23 retail lumber and building material stores in Iowa, Illinois & Wisconsin. We currently have an opening for a HR administrator at our corporate office in Dubuque. The HR administrator administers employee health, welfare and retirement plans companywide and acts as a liaison between employees and insurance providers to resolve benefits-related problems. This position works with the senior director of human resources in developing, implementing and evaluating ongoing HR policies, programs, functions and activities. The HR administrator also oversees the payroll process including bi-weekly reporting of payroll, taxes, deductions, and garnishments.
- Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties.
- Assist in administration of employee benefit program including life, disability, health, worker compensation and 401(k) plan.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to Human Resources.
- Compile and update employee records (hard and soft copies).
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing,recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations etc.)
- Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc.)
- Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations
- Prepares detailed reports involving employee turnover, overtime, and other HRIS data fields.
- Maintains databases of employee information not stored in HRIS.
- Ensures that new employee compliance training is completed and reported. Receives, verifies, obtains payment approval, and requests payments for billing, and acts as vendor interface for employee relations vendors.
- Verifies HRIS master data for accuracy against new employee paperwork.
- Ensures that new employee compliance training is completed and reported.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Prepare bi-weekly reporting of payroll, taxes, deductions, and garnishments.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, labor relations, or business or a field related to the position preferred. Will consider experience in lieu of education.
- Experience performing basic human resources, payroll, customer service, or general office duties.
- Proficiency on computers including Microsoft Office products and HRIS systems.
- Strong interpersonal /communication skills - able to communicate and establish effective working relationships with all departments.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of Company and employee information.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Ability to communicate courteously with all levels of the organization to resolve issues.
At Spahn & Rose we pride ourselves in providing our customers with excellent service and a superior quality product mix, while encouraging our associates to have rewarding careers with potential for advancement. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, disability and 401K and profit sharing plans.
If you are interested in being part of a growing and dynamic organization doing business for over 114 years, we encourage you to apply and submit your resume today!
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|