Design Engineer, Engine IntegrationJohn Deere Dubuque Works, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
The John Deere Dubuque Works is one of the key facilities in Deere & Company's Construction and Forestry (C&F) Division. The Dubuque Works manufactures backhoe loaders, crawler dozers, and skid steer loaders for the construction industry and knuckleboom loaders and tracked feller bunchers for the forestry industry. The Dubuque Works also serves as the Center of Excellence for the C&F Division in the areas of Product Engineering, Product Verification and Validation, Supply Management, and Product Support which includes the Dealer Technical Assistance Center. From a manufacturing perspective, the core competencies of the factory include plate and sheet cutting, machining, welding, paint, and assembly.
The John Deere Dubuque Works is one of the most innovative and productive facilities of its kind. From an Engineering perspective, techniques such as virtual reality and rapid concepting are used to assist in the design process. Our manufacturing facilities use state of the art techniques and equipment to produce products including CNC machining centers and a Manufacturing Execution System (MES). We are proud of how fast we can get new technology into the hands of our customers, and of the quality we can attain through a very structured and effective Product Development Process. Our Product Support teams use the latest techniques and satellite communication systems to keep the machines we make on the job, dayin and dayout. Additionally, outside of the factory our products are supported by an efficient parts delivery system, and a network of John Deere dealers and company field representatives, strategically located throughout the world to support the products we produce
We are dedicated to keeping our customers ahead of their competitors by supplying the most efficient, dependable machines possible. Through teamwork, a commitment to continuous improvement, and a major investment in aggressive, ongoing research, the Dubuque Works has helped John Deere become a leader in the Construction and Forestry equipment industry.
For more information on Deere & Company go to internet site www.deere.com
There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world's brightest minds are tackling the world's biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we'll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: Vereinigte Staaten (US) - Iowa (US-IA) - Dubuque
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Design Engineer, Engine Integration - 50340
As an Design Engineer, Engine Integration for John Deere Construction and Forestry Division located in Dubuque, IA, you will support New Product Development (PDP) design, Continuous Improvement (CI) and integration responsibilities for Deere-Hitachi excavator diesel engine exhaust after treatment and DEF systems. In addition, you will:
- Collaborate with Deere-Hitachi design, manufacturing, and test teams to integrate diesel engine emission control systems to meet EPA, vehicle, and John Deere Power Systems application requirements
- Will have design and vehicle integration responsibilities for Final Tier 4 exhaust after treatment systems, including exhaust system layout, exhaust piping, after treatment canister specification, after treatment supporting structures, and DEF delivery system.
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong team relationships, well purposed communication, and problem solving skills
- Proven experience identifying creative and efficient design solutions to address technical challenges, including use of calculation, simulation, and/or vehicle test data to support sound decision making
- Engineering experience through internships, academic projects/programs, or practical work experience
- Basic understanding of 3D modeling software, such as Creo (ProE), NX, SolidWorks, Inventor, or others
What Makes You Stand Out
- Practical design and/or test experience with diesel engines, cooling systems, engine auxiliaries, and/or engine exhaust after treatment systems
- Experience with design and manufacturing processes for plastics, castings, exhaust tubes, molded hoses, and complex weldments
- Experience diagnosing and troubleshooting engine and/or after treatment related issues through use of common Deere tools, such as: JD Link/MKC, Devex, Diadem, and/or Glyphworks
- Knowledge and experience with Deere new product delivery design tools, such as: EPDM, Windchill, SAP/NWBC, NCCA, and/or V2net
- Experience with common design practices, such as: geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, tolerance stack analysis, finite element analysis, and/or computational fluid dynamics
Education (or equivalent work experience)
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering or equivalent experience.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.