Design Engineering TechXLSpecialized Trailers, Manchester, IA
This listing has expired
XLSpecialized Trailers is a market leading manufacturer of custom heavy haul trailers located in Manchester, Iowa. Founded on innovation and commitment to quality - XL has earned its reputation as a premium heavy haul trailer manufacturer through years of providing uniquely resilient, efficient, solutions-based products.
General Summary: Generally expected to work as a valued member of the XL Specialized Trailers team. This job will be primarily responsible for preparing engineering plans by drawing system, components and parts which result in a product that meets the needs and expectation of the customer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares rough sketches by studying engineering specifications; creating a picture of the system, components, and parts.
- Prepares final drawings by studying engineering sketches, specifications, and supporting documents; developing a layout of the system, components, and parts; drawing multiple views of the system, components, and parts’ depicting relationship of components and parts; identifying dimensions, angles, curvatures, tolerances, and materials.
- Identifies and verifies specifications by examining engineering documents; performing calculations.
- Modifies drawings by studying changes; redrawing system, components, and parts; changing identifications.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information; conferring with engineers.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations. Wears proper personal protective equipment.
- Identifies and anticipates safety and health concerns and hazards by surveying environmental, operational, and occupational conditions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing relating results as needed.
- Assist with the continuous process improvement of XL Specialized Trailers by leading and participating in projects such as lean, 5-S and Kaizen.
- Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall operations of the XL Specialized Trailers.
Education and Experience Requirements: Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree in engineering technology or related field or equivalent experience.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Planning: an ability to think ahead and plan.
- The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at a functional level.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to company values.
- Proficiency in design programs i.e. AutoCAD, Inventor, SolidWorks
- Computer proficiency.
- Extended periods of sitting.
- Ability to routinely lift 20 lbs. and occasionally up to 50lbs.
Post Offer/Pre-employment Physical and Drug Screen Required.
XL Specialized Trailers is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||--|