Assistant Store ManagerTheisen Home Farm Auto, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Theisen's is an independent, family-owned chain of Home, Farm and Auto stores, with locations in Dubuque, Maquoketa, Dewitt, Anamosa, Monticello, Tipton, Dyersville, Vinton, lowa Falls, Charles City, New Hampton, Marshalltown, Cedar Rapids (2), Newton, Ames, Grinnell, Pella, Coralville, Indianola, Davenport IA, Sparta WI, Black River Falls WI and Jefferson, WI.
Theisen's is a member of Mid-States Distributing, a buying group comprised of independent, family-owned retailers across the country.
Theisen's was founded in 1927 by Leo & Kathryn Theisen. Theisen's headquarters are in Dubuque where the buying staff, advertising, accounting, human resources, MIS and distribution center are located.
Theisen's employs over 1200 associates. The philosophy at Theisen's is "people buy from people, not companies" and the company stresses that "our associates work with us, not for us". 6201 Chavenelle Road Dubuque , IA 52002-2634 (563)556-4738
Theisen's is an independent, family-owned chain of Home, Farm and Auto stores, with 24 stores in Iowa and Wisconsin. Theisen's was founded in 1927 by Leo & Kathryn Theisen. Theisen's employs over 1200 associates. The philosophy at Theisen's is "people buy from people, not companies" and the company stresses that "our associates work with us, not for us".
We are currently looking for an Assistant Manager to join our team at the Dubuque, IA location. The Assistant Manager will assist the store manager in operating a store that creates an atmosphere to maximize customer service, associate morale, training, sales, and profits.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Must be readily available to interact and assist both customers and associates throughout entire store, providing prompt attention.
- May be required to perform tasks normally required of associates in every classification including, but not limited to , driving forklift, load outs (lifting up to 60#), changing tires (lifting up to 75#), and running cash registers.
- Perform daily walking tour of store to ensure all areas meet company standards and to assign duties.
- Observe needs of customers through merchandising, stock levels, prompt service, refunds and sales. Provide face to face contact with customers by being on sales floor to answer questions, etc.
- Help to maintain a knowledgeable associate base, provide training as needed.
- Aid in the supervision of all store personnel and notify manager of problems arising in the day to day operation of the store.
- Assist manager in maintain proper staffing needs, follow hiring procedures, maintain consistent disciplinary action as directed by manager.
- Learn manager responsibilities, such as operations, scheduling, training, personnel issues, etc.
- Responsible for inventory and order verification, oversee bank deposits when manager is not available to do so.
- Open and close the store as needed. Perform various administration functions as needed.
- To be involved in the community in which this store serves and encourage others to get involved in non-profit organizations.
Qualifications and Skills
- 2 years prior retail experience preferred
- Business related degree preferred
Benefit package includes health, dental, vision, life insurance, and short term and long term disability coverage, paid vacation, sick days, holidays, and birthday off, matching 401(K), flex spending, and associate discounts.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|