Hills & Dales, a not-for-profit human services organization provides services to children and young adults with severe and profound mental and physical disabilities. It has always been the primary focus to serve people with significant medical needs. Hills & Dales values a quality of life that enhances dignity, upholds rights and encourages choices by the individual.
"It is our work, guided by our mission of building meaningful lives to serve our stakeholders; including residents and clients, their families, employees and society at large. We strive to make a positive difference in the quality of life of each individual we support."
Marilyn Althoff, Chief Executive Officer
Dining Services Assistant
Specific duties and responsibilities
- Preparation of food.
- Reads, notes and initials log book before preparation begins.
- Reviews menus, worksheets, and recipes.
- Prepares meals, following planned and approved menus and diet orders, and uses standardized recipes.
- Sets up and serves food.
- Sets up food delivery cart and equipment as required.
- Ensures food to be served is according to established portion controls.
- Delivers meals to various areas at designated times.
- Prepares for each successive meal.
- Checks food supply needs for the next meal.
- Prepares products for use, including thawing, slicing, pre-mixing, etc.
- Ensures proper inventory and storage supplies.
- Checks in food and supply deliveries using proper established procedures.
- Shelves and rotates products in storeroom.
- Stocks food in coolers and freezers.
- Ensures the cleanliness and proper sanitation for all storage areas.
- Assists in taking weekly inventory.
- Reports food and supply needs to supervisor before run outs occur.
- May assist in the purchasing of food and supplies as required.
- Ensures clean up of dining areas and kitchen.
- Checks dining areas to ensure soiled dishes, etc., have been removed. Picks up any remaining dishes, and returns them to the kitchen.
- Washes dishes, pots and pans, and all other equipment used in the preparation and serving of meals.
- Gathers and properly disposes of and recycles refuse and containers.
- Assists in the monitoring and maintenance of equipment and kitchen.
- Conducts periodic refrigerator and freezer temperature checks and records readings following established procedures.
- Reports equipment problems or needs to the supervisor.
- Performs routine cleaning activities in the kitchen.
- Prepares, serves, and provides clean up for special events and meetings.
- Attends meetings and training sessions as required.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Full-time 2nd Shift Schedule as followed:
Week 1: Tu,Wed, Fri, Sat & Sun: 10:30am-7:00pm
Week 2: Tu, Wed, Thur, Fri 10:30am-7:00pm
Part-time 2nd Shift Schedule as followed:
Week 1: Tu,Thur, & Sun: 12:30am-6:30pm
Week 2: Mon, Thur, & Sun 12:30am-6:30pm
On-the-job training provided! Must be 18 years of age or older, with the ability to lift up to 35 pounds and a valid driver's license. If you are interested in this position, please apply online at www.hillsdales.org or send coverletter and resume to email@example.com
Offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of criminal background checks and drug screening. EOE
Full and Part Time
Food and Beverage
Human and Social Services
Volunteer and Non-profit
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|