Software Systems EngineerJohn Deere Dubuque Works, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
The John Deere Dubuque Works is one of the key facilities in Deere & Company's Construction and Forestry (C&F) Division. The Dubuque Works manufactures backhoe loaders, crawler dozers, and skid steer loaders for the construction industry and knuckleboom loaders and tracked feller bunchers for the forestry industry. The Dubuque Works also serves as the Center of Excellence for the C&F Division in the areas of Product Engineering, Product Verification and Validation, Supply Management, and Product Support which includes the Dealer Technical Assistance Center. From a manufacturing perspective, the core competencies of the factory include plate and sheet cutting, machining, welding, paint, and assembly.
The John Deere Dubuque Works is one of the most innovative and productive facilities of its kind. From an Engineering perspective, techniques such as virtual reality and rapid concepting are used to assist in the design process. Our manufacturing facilities use state of the art techniques and equipment to produce products including CNC machining centers and a Manufacturing Execution System (MES). We are proud of how fast we can get new technology into the hands of our customers, and of the quality we can attain through a very structured and effective Product Development Process. Our Product Support teams use the latest techniques and satellite communication systems to keep the machines we make on the job, dayin and dayout. Additionally, outside of the factory our products are supported by an efficient parts delivery system, and a network of John Deere dealers and company field representatives, strategically located throughout the world to support the products we produce
We are dedicated to keeping our customers ahead of their competitors by supplying the most efficient, dependable machines possible. Through teamwork, a commitment to continuous improvement, and a major investment in aggressive, ongoing research, the Dubuque Works has helped John Deere become a leader in the Construction and Forestry equipment industry.
For more information on Deere & Company go to internet site www.deere.com
There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world's brightest minds are tackling the world's biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we'll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: Vereinigte Staaten (US) - Iowa (US-IA) - Dubuque
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Software Systems Engineer - 50963
As a Software Systems Engineer, for the John Deere Construction & Forestry Division (Dubuque Works), you will be primarily responsible for the development of software requirements and logical architecture for vehicle systems. In addition, you will:
- Analyze customer needs and marketing requirements to determine software specifications for new and innovative features and systems.
- Assist as required with the development of overall electrical system design and development of software architecture.
- Utilize enterprise and divisional processes to capture requirements and architecture using PREEvision, PTC Integrity, and other tools.
- Contribute in software planning activities to ensure, on-time, high quality software is developed and tested following the divisional and/or enterprise standards.
- Integral team member in creating the vision for the software component and software reuse strategy for C&F and the enterprise.
- Able to lead without authority and collaborate with others to create solutions that strike a balance between commonality and efficiency.
- Participate and/or lead teams to drive methodology, processes, and tools to design embedded systems.
- Lead, develop, and mentor others in the development of software requirements, logical architecture, and best practices.
- Support a range of projects from large product development projects, existing product improvements, feature enhancements, or common feature development initiatives.
- Work with Communities of Practice to identify, select, and deploy best practices and standards for software system development.
- Collaborate with software PV&V to assist with product verification and validation activities (design analysis, simulation, on-vehicle, field test, etc.) for software and electrical systems.
VISA Sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 6 or more years of experience in the design or testing of embedded software and/or electronic hardware
- 6 or more years of Product Engineering experience in a design or test role
- Strong, demonstrated skills in troubleshooting and/or analysis of software, electrical, and/or electronic systems
- Experience in the design, development, and/or testing of mechanical, hydraulic, and/or powertrain systems
- Ability to read electrical and electronic schematic diagrams
- Experience performing requirements analysis and/or authoring
- Demonstrated technical leadership capability
- Willingness to train and develop others above and below your position, and outside your tea
- Ability to work in a self-directed mode and as part of a team
What Makes You Stand Out
- Off-Road vehicle experience to include design and/or operation
- Experience collaborating with multiple stakeholders: customers, electrical and mechanical disciplines, customer and dealer support personnel, technical publication authors
- Experience with real-time operating systems
- Experience developing software, system requirements, or vehicle architectures using AUTOSAR tools
- Model-based software development (MBSD) or software development in C, C++, C# or scripting programming languages
- Experience using a formal software process (such as: Agile, EVO, waterfall, etc.)
- Experience in system engineering practices
- Experience working on cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with SAE J1939 or other vehicle network standards
Education (or equivalent work experience)
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline - preferred areas are Software, Electrical, or Systems Engineering
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.