Senior Software EngineerJohn Deere Dubuque Works, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
The John Deere Dubuque Works is one of the key facilities in Deere & Company's Construction and Forestry (C&F) Division. The Dubuque Works manufactures backhoe loaders, crawler dozers, and skid steer loaders for the construction industry and knuckleboom loaders and tracked feller bunchers for the forestry industry. The Dubuque Works also serves as the Center of Excellence for the C&F Division in the areas of Product Engineering, Product Verification and Validation, Supply Management, and Product Support which includes the Dealer Technical Assistance Center. From a manufacturing perspective, the core competencies of the factory include plate and sheet cutting, machining, welding, paint, and assembly.
The John Deere Dubuque Works is one of the most innovative and productive facilities of its kind. From an Engineering perspective, techniques such as virtual reality and rapid concepting are used to assist in the design process. Our manufacturing facilities use state of the art techniques and equipment to produce products including CNC machining centers and a Manufacturing Execution System (MES). We are proud of how fast we can get new technology into the hands of our customers, and of the quality we can attain through a very structured and effective Product Development Process. Our Product Support teams use the latest techniques and satellite communication systems to keep the machines we make on the job, dayin and dayout. Additionally, outside of the factory our products are supported by an efficient parts delivery system, and a network of John Deere dealers and company field representatives, strategically located throughout the world to support the products we produce
We are dedicated to keeping our customers ahead of their competitors by supplying the most efficient, dependable machines possible. Through teamwork, a commitment to continuous improvement, and a major investment in aggressive, ongoing research, the Dubuque Works has helped John Deere become a leader in the Construction and Forestry equipment industry.
For more information on Deere & Company go to internet site www.deere.com
There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world's brightest minds are tackling the world's biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we'll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: Vereinigte Staaten (US) - Iowa (US-IA) - Dubuque
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Senior Software Engineer - 43618
As a Senior Software Engineer, for the John Deere Construction & Forestry Division (Dubuque Works), you will provide the solutions and leadership for either software architecture and/or hardware-software integration (ECU Integration) on AUTOSAR projects. This posting will fill two roles, one focused on Software Architecture and the other on the Hardware-Software Integration (ECU Integration).
For the Software Architecture role, you will:
- Be responsible for defining the architecture and design for re-usable software components by working closely with divisional and enterprise software development and re-use teams.
- Be responsible for providing software architecture solutions and leadership for individual C&F projects while optimizing the use of re-usable software components.
- Contribute to defining software architecture design guidelines and best practices.
- Provide mentorship to team members across C&F on software re-use and architecture.
For the ECU Integration role, you will:
- Be responsible for learning and improving the AUTOSAR software development tool set to optimize the creation of working software that will run on 32-bit hardware.
- Be responsible for providing solutions and leadership for C&F software projects by getting AUTOSAR based software working on 32-bit hardware while using Enterprise-selected AUTOSAR tools.
- Contribute to best practices and written guidelines in the proper use of the tools and processes for ECU integration.
- Provide mentorship to team members across C&F on hardware-software integration.
VISA sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 6 or more years of experience in the development of embedded software including the delivery of software solutions from concept to production
- Experience in model-based software development (MBSD) or software development in C, C++ or C#
- Experience developing software architecture
- Experience with real-time operating systems
- Experience in working with electronic hardware and microcontrollers
- Experience in compiling and setting up software to run on target hardware
- Experience in troubleshooting software or electronic hardware problems
- Experience in technical leadership and mentoring others both inside and outside your team
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience with LIN, CAN, J1939, or equivalent vehicle network communication standards
- Experience with model based software development (MBSD) using the Matlab/Simulink tool chain
- Experience developing software using AUTOSAR tools
- Experience with software development processes and related roles and responsibilities
- Experience with software metrics
- Experience in the design, development, and/or testing of electro-mechanical systems, particularly on off-road applications
- An advanced degree in an Electrical, Computer, Software, or Systems Engineering discipline
Education (or equivalent work experience)
- Bachelor's degree in an Electrical, Computer, Software, or Systems Engineering discipline
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.