XLSpecialized Trailers is a market leading manufacturer of custom heavy haul trailers located in Manchester, Iowa. Founded on innovation and commitment to quality - XL has earned its reputation as a premium heavy haul trailer manufacturer through years of providing uniquely resilient, efficient, solutions-based products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprints specifications and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools and materials.
- Positions parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies with hand-held welding equipment.
- Corrects welds by chipping or grinding off excess weld, slag or splatter using hand scrapers, portable grinders or arc-cutting equipment.
- Moves components by operating an overhead crane, using safe work habits.
- Verifies specifications by measuring completed components; conducting a self-inspection.
- Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
- Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following operating procedures.
- Document actions by completing production, quality and time forms.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations. Wears proper personal protective equipment.
- Identifies and anticipates safety and health concerns and hazards by surveying environmental, operational, and occupational conditions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing relating results as needed.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One year welding experience.
- Successfully completes internal weld test
- Extended periods of standing.
- Frequent crouching, kneeling, bending and stooping.
- Occasional ascending/descending stairs or ladder.
- Occasional pushing or pulling.
- Ability to routinely lift 50 lbs. and occasionally up to 100lbs.
Skilled Labor Trades
|Years of Experience||--|